The ideal candidate will have strong creative skills and a portfolio of work which demonstrates their passion for illustrative design, typography and packaging. This candidate will have experience creating eye-catching on brand packaging designs for current products and new product launches.
Reports to: Director, Creative Services
ACCOUNTABILITIES (key responsibilities this role must deliver for success):
• Packaging design & production
• Instruction manual design & production
• Icon Creation
• Preparing files and mechanicals for print
• Merchandising development + toolkit design
• On-product warnings and labels
• Review final packaging proofs for layout and copy accuracy
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Organize and execute all creative requests from within the organization.
• Continue to visually position Ergobaby as a leader in innovative design and regularly makes recommendations to team on use of visual language for the brand.
• Conceptualize and design marketing collateral and product packaging for product launches and refreshers.
• Manages information gathering and materials necessary to complete assigned projects.
• Completes projects by coordinating with internal teams and outside agencies or printers, if used, etc.
• Organize and maintain database of brand’s visual assets across multiple platforms.
• Work with international partners to design creative layouts for print in multiple languages.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Must be an expert level in following applications Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat), Microsoft Office.
Education AND EXPERIENCE
• BA/BFA in Graphic Design
• 5+ years of experience in a design and production role in package design with proven skills in brand-work
• Must have a strong portfolio which shows proficiency and attention to detail in typography, layout, and branding
• Ability to multi-task and complete tasks in a timely manner
• Ability to take direction from marketing team and recommend creative solutions
SKILLS: BRANDING | DIGITAL DESIGN | PRINT DESIGN |PRODUCT PACKAGING | TYPOGRAPHY | DESIGN PRINCIPLES | IDEATION | PHOTOSHOP | ILLUSTRATOR | INDESIGN | AFTER EFFECTS | ACROBAT | MS OFFICE | CREATIVITY | COMMUNICATION | PROBLEM SOLVING