At Wintermute our mission is to enable, empower and advance the truly decentralized world for more transparent and efficient markets and products. We do this by providing liquidity algorithmically across most trading venues in crypto, supporting all major centralized and decentralized trading venues, AMMs, RFQs, aggregators and chains.
Wintermute’s customer-facing business includes various OTC products such as electronic trading API and single-dealer platform for a wide range of counterparties from crypto native whales to large traditional finance institutions. Wintermute is also providing market making services for blockchain projects where we support most of the world’s largest and most prominent launches. In addition to providing the best in class liquidity products, Wintermute is actively participating in the building and development of the blockchain ecosystem through investments from Wintermute Ventures, partnerships and co-development with upcoming protocols and incubation of own projects.
Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable business with a very ambitious vision and roadmap. We manage billions of dollars in assets and trade more than $5B/day. We are backed by core values of ambition, collaboration, entrepreneurship, transparency and meritocracy.
Marketing at Wintermute
The focus of this role will be product marketing for OTC products, from our flagship Wintermute NODE platform, to OTC API solutions for institutions and a range of tailored OTC derivative propositions. The role may be expanded to cover a wider range of products, some of them are yet to be announced.
- Product positioning: define value proposition for each product, including overall positioning, communication of core benefits and visual identity
- Marketing strategy and planning: design marketing strategy and operational marketing plan for each product across all relevant channels;
- Execution of the marketing plan: own the execution of marketing activities, including hands-on execution, coordinating communications and operational teams, and working with internal and external teams (e.g. agencies, etc)
- Building team: plan resources needed to achieve business objective fast and drive recruitment efforts to build the wider marketing team and a network of high-quality agencies
- Content marketing: drive thought leadership and content marketing strategy centered around education and providing value to customers
- External visibility: drive increasing Wintermute visibility through top tier media, conferences, speaking arrangements and targeted events in coordination with an Event Manager
- Reporting & analytics: build fact-base to monitor and report results of all activities
Hard Skills Requirements
- At least 3-5 years experience in a high-performance product, product marketing, marketing or operations function, e.g., VC-backed startup, fintech company, B2B SaaS, dynamic financial services company, consulting; we also welcome management consultants and similar high-performing generalist candidates
- Track record of creating tangible impact on key metrics, be ready to give examples
- Experience with B2B marketing in high-value deal/ACV environment is strongly preferred; experience with finance, fintech or crypto is a significant advantage but not a requirement
- In-depth understanding of at least several functional areas listed above and familiarity/general understanding of others; ability to learn new functional areas quickly and independently
- Ability and interest to learn about crypto, financial products and technologies quickly and independently
- Have an owner mentality: you focus on building a winning value proposition in the market Able to understand the bigger picture and be very hands-on and practical;
- Flexibility to find the right approaches for each product, company, situation, not only copy paste what was seen before
- Fact-based approach to marketing
- Determined, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard, take feedback and learn on the way
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset; prepared to work non-standard working hours if required (since we are a high-growth startup operating in 24/7 crypto world)
- Like working in the team collaborative environment Location options are London, Singapore or remote, with a slight preference for London location (50% from the office); we support visas and relocation
- A unique opportunity to work on very interesting projects, get the level of responsibility and ownership that would take years longer to get in other startups of similar scale or in financial institutions
- A unique opportunity to join one of the strongest and highest potential crypto startups globally, one with is already commercially successful, yet is small enough to have significant impact and upside
- Great culture: highly professional and ambitious, yet informal, friendly, non-hierarchical, collaborative and entrepreneurial
- Aligned incentive structure: on top of competitive fixed compensation you get significant performance-based variable pay
Tips for Successful Application
- Only apply to us if you are genuinely interested or curious about this role and this space; this is not for someone who is just looking for “a job” or pursues purely mercenary objectives
- Do your research: look at our website and social media channels
- Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you’d like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in Wintermute generally and your specific role in particular
- Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people who share our interests, values and ambitions. If you don’t have some obviously matching experience or skills, make sure you state very clearly what you can bring or how your experience is relevant/transferable
- Prepare to be asked specific questions about your past projects (including the ones in CV) and our hard skills requirements
- Prepare to demonstrate “Other requirements”
- Do your basic homework on crypto markets and what hft/market making/algo trading is
- We get a lot of applications, so unfortunately, we won’t be able to proceed if you simply press “submit button”; we do promise to reply to everyone who puts time and effort into making the application relevant!