The first two months will largely be focused on getting our MVP production-ready and then you'll transition to a dual-hatted role: (1) bug squashing (as required) and (2) new feature development. Security is a top priority, so our ideal candidate will be fluent in topics like the OWASP Top 10 and have opened up Burp Suite before.
Wondering if you should apply if you're not a Django expert? While we appreciate your interest, we really need someone with significant Django experience that will not need any ramp-up time to understand the nuances of Django, Django's ORM, DRF, etc.
You'll report to our Head of Product, but we're a small team, so you'll have full visibility into the entire business and be able to work with cross-functional groups. Also, we're very much at the MVP stage of product development, so if you'll have plenty of opportunities to voice your opinions on new features and play an active role in the product roadmap. We see the ideal candidate as an engineer that has put their time in as a level I or II engineer and is looking to gain experience to progress into a team lead role.
Requirements (these are not negotiable):
- Min. 2 year of full time work experience developing full stack Django applications.
- Min. 2 year of full time experience working with the Django Rest Framework.
- Min. 2 year of full time experience working with Celery for async tasks.
- Self-starter. (And we're not just including this because it sounds nice. We seriously need someone that can be given a general direction to go in and can execute on that. As an example, if you can't troubleshoot an error in your development environment (via Google), you're likely not a great fit for our team.)
- This position requires ability to access information restricted by U.S. export controls laws. --- Applicants must have the ability to access export-controlled information or be eligible to receive a government authorization to access export-controlled information. Export license decisions are made on a case-by-case basis
- Fluent in English.
- 3+ years of experience with Django, DRF and Celery.
- Practical experience with Linux, Nginx, Gunicorn, MySQL, Redis, Docker.
- Application security experience (OSCP, bug bounties, etc.)
- An eye for design.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
-Medical and Dental
-Professional development budget
*FortyNorth Security does not sponsor work visas
*Must be located full-time in the United States. Our technology is subject to export control laws and we will not consider candidates located outside of the US or that are considering relocating outside of the US.
*FortyNorth Security is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. FortyNorth Security makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.