We are Latana, a cutting-edge consumer insights platform that helps organisations to make better marketing decisions. Latana enables its clients to accurately measure and track how people perceive their brand. We are working with some of the hottest B2C brands, including Headspace, Tier, Epic Games, Unilever and Greenpeace - and we’re just getting started!
About the Role
As Tech Lead for our Customer Experience team, you will lead a team of 3-8 software engineers and quality assurance engineers of diverse backgrounds and professional experience levels. With your fellow engineers and members of the Product team, you\'ll work hard to deliver top notch software as part of a rapidly-growing company.
You will be expected to dedicate some of your week to managing your direct reports, and the remainder of your time to technical leadership, decision making and software development.
As such, this position is ideal for either an experienced team lead, or an experienced software engineer who is looking to make the transition into a leadership role. You will be well supported in the role by the Director of Engineering and your fellow Tech Leads. You\'ll also participate in Latana\'s internal leadership coaching programme.
Our engineering teams are encouraged to solve their own problems with a great degree of freedom, to see their work through to completion and to take pride in – and full ownership of – the applications they work on. You will find plenty of opportunities for career development, personal growth and technical problem solving as part of an upbeat, optimistic team of engineers who share your enthusiasm for open and empathetic communication.
Your Skills and Experience
- Daily use of tools such as Ruby, Rails, Python, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Kubernetes. Prior experience in all of these would be wonderful, but we are mostly interested in people who are quick to adapt.
- Hold regular 1-on-1 meetings with your reports, in which you will discuss their personal growth, recent performance, and ways in which you can help them to flourish.
- Take initiative in setting estimates and delivering to both internal and external deadlines.
- Take responsibility for the performance of your team – this covers everything from the team members\' wellbeing to the team\'s combined ability to produce high-quality results.
- Enthusiastic problem-solving and the ability to help the people around you succeed.
- Solid, effective communication across the organisation – you can make yourself understood by everyone from the engineers to the marketers to the CEO.
What We Offer
- Proven expertise with Ruby and with the Ruby on Rails framework, as well as proficiency with at least one other programming language.
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases, experience with high traffic load projects
- Ability to lead a team – you are comfortable driving projects forward with your technical decision making and people management skills. We will consider candidates who want to step up into this role for the first time – show us your enthusiasm for the opportunity and we will help you to succeed!
- You are productive when working on both legacy and greenfield projects – either way you are always looking for opportunities to make the codebase better.
- You have an automate-everything approach – streamlining processes and eliminating manual work excites you!
- You prefer collaborative work over working alone – team success is very important to you.
- You use your years of experience to raise the team higher, but you are humble enough to accept that you can always learn something new from your more junior colleagues.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English.
Latana is committed to providing a respectful, safe, and inclusive workplace. Diversity at Latana means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. We pride ourselves on working with the best and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our talented employees.
- Work environment where you are given the freedom to develop to your full potential and become a trusted member of the team
- The opportunity to contribute to the success of a fast-growing, market-leading product.
- Continuous Learning Stipend to contribute to your continuing education.
- Yearly stipend for use on public transport or personal fitness.
- In-house coaching to help you grow personally and professionally.
- Weekly Focus Day to facilitate independent work without interruption.
- MacBook Pro and all the peripherals you need to succeed in our remote working package.
- Beautiful office in Berlin-Kreuzberg with the opportunity to work remotely.
- Team outings on our company boats plus regular social events!