At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their education and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
We’re hiring engineers, who are passionate about technology and education, to help build and enhance the Canvas interoperability layer like LTI Advantage (http://www.imsglobal.org/lti-advantage-overview
), GraphQL, event publication, REST APIs, etc.
Like our customers, we value a learning culture and expect our engineers to work closely with product and support to build the best possible solutions, not just write code to a spec. We put our money where our mouth is. Engineers at Instructure enjoy an annual company-wide tech conference, weekly tech talks, and quarterly Hackweeks, all designed to encourage as much exploration and learning as possible.
Who we are:
- We are engineers with experience building web scale services in a loosely coupled but highly integrated system.
- We are a mixed stack and polyglot team with a deep commitment to quality and to using the right tech for each problem we solve.
What you will do:
- Build, deploy, and maintain services that promote interoperability with Canvas LMS.
- Work in Canvas to implement the latest IMS Global interoperability standards and other APIs to allow third-party integration.
- Work to enhance our GraphQL API that is used as a router for many of our internal services.
- Write testable, performant code that can scale to tens of millions of requests per day.
What we look for:
- Experience (and interest) in different languages and frameworks. Skilled full stack developer, or an expert back-end developer.
- Someone who is curious about exploring technologies and collaborating with others to build best in class systems.
- Ability to solve complex problems requiring in-depth analysis.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Knowledge of coding best practices.
- Commitment to code quality with experience testing up and down the pyramid.
- Ability and desire to work in an open and team-oriented environment.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure:
- Hackweek, three times a year!
- Yearly internal tech conference.
- Weekly tech-talks.
- Competitive salary and 401k.
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance.
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work schedules.
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking.
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.