Volley develops voice-controlled games and entertainment apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Our voice apps are world-class and attract millions of users every month. We’re a 55-person team based in San Francisco.
We’ve created several of the top experiences for voice-controlled devices, including:
- Song Quiz - a name-that-tune music trivia game
- Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? - a quiz game to test your elementary-level knowledge
- Bedtime Stories - a soothing, narrated skill to help you fall asleep
We believe voice control will be the main way people access entertainment in their bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms, and cars, and our goal is to build a destination for interactive audio entertainment, as Netflix did for television.
In this role, you will iterate on ideas to drive KPIs, lead the user experience and advocate for your ideas as part of a functional team. You’ll be on the frontier of voice, creating experiences for the 100 million+ Americans that own smart speaker devices (Amazon Echo, Google Home).
You'll be responsible for planning and overseeing one of the most popular games on voice, managing members of the team and owning deliverables. You'll work with data, engineers, designers and business stakeholders to design features and experiments, and use metrics and data to prioritize tasks.
- Experience managing thoughtful interactions for complex applications. - Curiosity to work on new platforms and devices - Ability to use data to inform decisions and prioritize work. - Experience managing/mentoring others in your function
- Managed innovative user experiences for mobile apps, websites, broadcast, smart speaker devices. - Experience working with a consumer facing product or platform - Experience designing new features and experiments to hit KPIs.
At Volley, we recognize the importance of work-life balance. We offer a flexible, hybrid work-from-home and in-office work model. We also offer 4 weeks of paid time off (with an enforced 2-week minimum!).
Volley believes in an inclusive workplace and is committed to building a team from a variety of backgrounds. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive the other benefits and privileges of employment.
We’re a small but quickly growing team that truly enjoys working together. We love coming together over Zoom happy hours, the funny and strange in Slack #random, and occasional karaoke sessions in our brand new Hayes Valley office. If this sounds like fun (we promise it is), get in touch!
Underrepresented candidates, and candidates from nontraditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply!