Massdiver is a visual development platform fulfilling the promise of DevOps by empowering software engineers to design secure, and observable infrastructure in their own cloud. We are looking for an engineer to join our Elixir development team to build out core features and guide the future of our platform.
Platform engineering at Massdriver is different. We dog food our product and the platform components you design are the components we expose to our customers to design their platform engineering environments. Your work is the product.
This role will own and designing platform engineering components and their APIs including secrets / credentials management, continuous delivery, and our provisioning engine. You will have the opportunity to work and contribute to a number of open source tools as well as designing custom tooling.
- Minimum of 3+ years of software development experience at startup / mid-sized companies
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback through mentoring, pair programming sessions, and code reviews
- Professional experience developing large, scalable backend applications
- Strong understanding of system architecture and design; with consideration given to security, performance, and scalability
- Owned the technical design of major features or projects and can articulate the reasoning behind trade-offs made in your designs
Nice to have:
- Production experience with Elixir
- Production experience with Golang
- Experience with GraphQL and Absinthe
- Experience with open telemetry
- Experience running Elixir in a containerized environment
- Developing in a high-security micro-services oriented environment
- Event-driven systems development
- Follow software development best practices to create maintainable and extensible software solutions
- Work in an agile manner with transparency and fluid communication within the engineering team and across other teams in the company
- Generous equity in an early-stage startup
- Unlimited paid vacation
- 100% covered health, medical, and dental insurance
- 401k w/ 4% matching
- Conference stipend
Flexibility. Massdriver is a remote-first company and we want our employees to work the way that makes them the most productive.
Ownership. Our engineers have felt the pain of being prevented from trying new things by the overhead of DevOps. We empower our engineers to solve customer problems and add value.
Growth. As we build this core team of engineers we are looking for the future leaders of our company that will help guide us as we scale.