At Tailwind, our mission is to make world-class marketing easy for everyone. Trusted by over 1,000,000 brands and small businesses, our web and mobile apps demystify the complexities of digital marketing and make it accessible for all -- automating the most difficult parts to make anyone feel like they have a marketing team.
While we're best known for our Pinterest and Instagram publishing features, we've recently released multi-network content creation and email tools. And our new Tailwind 2.0 platform laid the foundation for our newest innovation -- a system that will proactively guide customers through marketing with suggested plans.
"Tailwind has gone through a lot of iterations since I've had an account and it just keeps getting better and better. And it keeps giving me more tools to spend less time which is just fantastic. And I feel like they understand how difficult it is for small business to have to do all the stuff. And so, the product keeps changing in ways that just serve me better and better." -- Christine Martell
Sound interesting? Join us.
What you’ll be doing
- Taking ownership of key company-wide initiatives and play a substantial role in shaping the direction of our products
- Working with our team to solve problems, define customer goals and opportunities, prioritize use cases, and design workflows and interfaces with detailed interactions
- Deciding on creating low, medium, and high fidelity prototypes to stay lean, learn quickly, and iterate to the best solutions
- Gathering data and insights to validate that designs are on the right path and solving meaningful customer problems effectively
- Shepherding design from concept through implementation
- Helping build and define our design system and style guide to improve consistency — across layouts, typography, iconography, and every other aspect of our designs
- Leading design-centered brainstorming sessions and articulating decisions to the team
- Relying on access to thousands of eager customers to lead user research interviews, test prototypes, and validate ideas quickly
- Working directly with the head of product, product managers, and talented developers who appreciate the role that design plays in building world-class products (and collaborating with our amazing UX team, of course)
- Contributing across all phases of the product stack, with opportunities to learn, grow and lead in everything from user research to visual design to front-end development
- Helping to further our ongoing goal of making UX a key competitive advantage and differentiator for Tailwind.
- Experienced: 2+ years experience designing multi-faceted software with a demonstrated history of shipping complex, solutions-oriented B2C or B2B product design work
- Empathic: You’re obsessed with customers — you want to understand their problems and how they think so you can anticipate how designs will make them feel
- Crave customer delight: You love designing experiences people love and making a meaningful difference in their lives
- Collaborative: You want to partner closely with engineering, product, and marketing to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges that deliver customer benefit and business results
- Communicate with purpose: You’re able to convey solid rationale for any design artifacts, strategies, and recommendations that you make
- Organized: You can translate big, nebulous ideas into a thorough and effective design process, with detailed plans, milestones, and deadlines
- Pragmatic: Your first priority is to create beautiful, well-crafted, and valuable UX solutions, but you’re agile enough to know when it’s “time to ship” so you can learn what’s needed to get there and iterate quickly
- Unafraid of gathering feedback: You’re comfortable working with research programs and talking with customers as well as internal stakeholders across the company to inform ideas while leaving your ego at the door
Why you’ll love this role
- We're both financially healthy and backed by institutional investors who are in this for the long-run; we're in this to create value for the world, not a quick exit
- Our culture is collaborative, energetic, growth-oriented and anti-political. We set audacious goals and tackle challenges daily, which leaves no room for ego or a sense of entitlement
- We’re radically transparent: Sharing new ideas and plans, giving feedback, and making everyone feel welcome in every conversation
- We have a commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion in our industry. Our customer base is highly diverse and skews toward female entrepreneurs; by helping them succeed we contribute to a more equal and inclusive society.
- We live by our design principles: 1) Everyone Drives Design 2) Balance Obvious, Easy, and Possible 3) What’s Vital for Some is Valuable for Everyone 4) Data Driven Design Over Assumptions
This role is open to anywhere in the United States. We have physical office locations in Oklahoma City and New York City, and we have remote team members all across the country.
Tailwind is an equal opportunity employer. Please don’t talk yourself out of applying if you don’t “check all the boxes.” We support each other’s growth and celebrate our differences at Tailwind. If you’re passionate about this role, please apply. We’d love to hear from you.
While applying, we'll ask you for your target compensation level and use this question strictly to screen out candidates who are not feasible hires based on our compensation system. It will not / does not impact what we offer any candidate.