Daedalus is a different kind of startup. We are a team of world-class engineers and business gurus on a mission to build the world's first autonomous factory that can build anything.
With our world-leading experience from OpenAI, Google, SpaceX, Stripe, Blue Origin, Cruise and others, and venture backing from some of the biggest names in tech including Addition, Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we believe that revolutionary results can be built by a small group of creative minds working in concert. Join us on our journey to build the autonomous factory of the future to make precision components for spacecraft, medical devices, robotics, industrial machinery and many others. We are currently setting up our first large factory in Germany and need your help to bring it to full autonomy and duplicate it across the globe in our largest markets.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Design and build mission-critical software: from distributed systems and network infrastructure, to real-time robot perception and control, to computational geometry and machine learning, with attention to performance, reliability, flexibility, and code quality.
- Shape the architecture of the systems that power the next generation of intelligent machines. We don’t have a fixed technology stack, but under the hood we’re using Python, Rust, Bazel, gRPC, runC, Buildkite and many others.
- Develop and evolve software engineering practices for the unique needs of distributed cyber-physical systems.
- Deliver previously-impossible robotics capabilities that solve real problems.
- Collaborate with, learn from, and support a diverse and cross-functional team, including mechanical, electrical and robotics engineers.
You will fit in perfectly if:
- You have experience as a senior engineer or tech lead, providing impactful technical leadership for a team while fostering a healthy engineering culture.
- You take end-to-end responsibility for your work, and are ready to learn new things based on what needs doing at any given moment.
- You have the desire to work with a small collaborative team, with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- You are motivated to work on challenging real-world engineering problems without prior solutions.
- You are self-directed and enjoy figuring out what the most important problem to work on is.
You should become part of our team because:
- You'll work with an international, world-class team with Silicon Valley roots.
- You'll have the opportunity to join an early-stage team and can influence our future trajectory.
- You'll get to work on challenging real-world engineering problems without prior solutions.
- You'll have a lot of freedom while receiving frequent input and feedback from world-class engineers.
- You'll work in an actual castle in the heart of one of Germany's sunniest cities, with a beer garden only 20m from your desk.
- We are super flexible in terms of working hours, location, parental leave and time off.
- We provide lunch and dinner everyday.
We appreciate different lifestyles and cultural backgrounds. We welcome diversity as a strength. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.