We're looking for a Systems Administrator to join our 100% remote (work from home) team. Experience with administering Linux systems in AWS and writing Puppet code is required.
Network Ninja is a fully remote software firm that develops three products leading their respective industries. We’re a small company (just over 50 employees), but we work on big, impactful projects. Come work with us!
Please read the entire description - it explains how we expect candidates to apply. We promise to spend time personally reviewing your application.
We’re looking for a Systems Administrator to assist in building, maintaining, and securing our AWS infrastructure. You’ll work with our SRE to to make it happen.
We use a lot of AWS offerings, and have plans to adopt many more, as we continue to migrate towards a 100% microservices architecture and away from a monolithic LAPP (Debian Linux, Apache, PHP, PostgreSQL) stack. We use Puppet for configuration management, and Cloudformation to deploy resources.
Our monitoring system is in AWS managed Grafana workspaces, and we use Pager Duty for on-call escalations.
Someone with experience with all of the above technologies is our ideal candidate.
Some specific backgrounds that we believe increase likelihood of success in this position:
- Linux systems administration
- Experience supporting highly available applications
- Comfortable working with regular guidance but minimal supervision in a 100% remote setting, in a task-oriented environment
- Experience working with the AWS command line interface
- Experience with a version control system (preferably Git)
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code concepts
- Strong documentation skills
If all that sounds good, and you’re a motivated systems administrator and US citizen, head to the application link, where you will send us an email with the following 3 items:
- A brief personal statement / cover letter
- Your resume
- Some work product examples
At Network Ninja we value the diversity in backgrounds and experiences that our employees bring to us. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.