Judo is eager to meet our first Developer Evangelist - someone who will play a pivotal role in our growth story by introducing developers around the globe to the Judo platform.
Judo is a server-driven UI platform for iOS and Android apps that frees up countless hours for product, marketing and engineering teams. Using our Mac app, teams can build user interfaces visually in a fraction of the time it would take otherwise, and can publish them instantly without submitting to the App/Play store.
Judo’s iOS and Android SDKs are installed in close to 100 different apps reaching tens of millions of users. Some of our customers include DraftKings, Cabela’s and the New England Patriots. Judo has established a leadership position in the emerging world of server-driven UI.
Our name derives from the martial art, a key principle of which is “maximum efficiency with minimal effort”. This concept is captured in our mission to enable product teams to build faster and iterate more frequently.
We’re backed by the same group that funded Shippabo, Airtable, LaunchKit and more (TenOneTen and Freestyle VC), a top U.S. accelerator as well as several prominent angel investors. We’ve built a solid reputation with many of the world’s leading professional sports franchises as clients, and are now charting new territory as we explore the multitude of other industries who could benefit from incorporating Judo into their native app workflows.
About our team:
We’re a group of humans who believe that we’re our most creative and most innovative when we have the flexibility to determine where and when we work. We’re 100% remote and intend to stay that way. Currently we have team members based in Canada, Brazil, Scotland, South Korea and Poland. We’re intentional about remote culture, and believe that meaningful connections and effective collaboration with teammates aren’t only possible in a remote environment - but that they’re crucial for organizational success.
Things move quickly around here. Judo is a fast-paced, self-directed, energetic environment where everyone is bringing a fiery passion to work every single day. We value hustle, balance, innovation, customer obsession, design-centricity and continuous learning. We’re entrepreneurial in spirit, creative in our thinking, and experimental in our approach.
What you’ll do as Judo’s Developer Evangelist:
- Position yourself as a thought leader in the server-driven UI space by creating compelling content for developers including blog posts, videos, podcasts, technical tutorials, etc
- Attend community events and developer conferences on behalf of Judo, with the goal of generating leads and creating awareness
- Engage with developer communities online in forums like Reddit, Hacker News, Product Hunt, etc.
- Build close relationships with members of our development team and encourage them to participate in dev evangelism at Judo
What we’d love to see in your work history:
- At least 2 years experience producing technical content for developers
- Experience presenting at conferences, webinars, etc.
- Familiarity with mobile development frameworks, such as SwiftUI and Jetpack Compose
- Instances of community-building among developer audiences
- Significant writing experience
- Experience building software
Some of the attributes we hope you’ll bring to the role:
- A genuine enthusiasm for the Judo platform, and an excitement about the potential it has to make developer’s lives easier
- A knack for developing meaningful relationships
- The ability to translate complex technical topics into bite-sized and simplified communications
- A strong sense of empathy for developers
- A passion for mobile technologies
- Excitement about hands-on work, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment with ever-changing challenges
- Attention to detail - we’d love to see you mention “Kano Jigoro” in your cover letter
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a “get stuff done” attitude
- The ability to be self-directed in your work
- A fierce curiosity for your craft, always striving to learn more and improve yourself.
- The ability to wear many hats, find ways to bring value and a willingness to do what needs to be done
- A desire to help our team continuously improve. We want you to teach us new things!
- A demonstrated ability to be productive working remotely and an enthusiasm for remote work environments
A few of the reasons why you should join Judo:
- You’ll get to travel around the world to attend developer events on behalf of Judo
- We’re a dynamic and entrepreneurial team working on the cutting edge of server-driven UI
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- Be part of a high performing team of critical thinkers that thrive on problem-solving
- Maintain work-life balance in a remote environment with flexible hours
- We're a quickly-growing startup with competitive salaries and stock option plan
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Topped-up maternity and parental leave
- Subsidized coworking memberships
- We encourage open communication with management and company leadership
- Participate in optional virtual social events regularly to connect with colleagues
- Join us for in-person retreats with the full team twice annually
- Take part in the Judo Meetup program, which encourages team members around the world to spend time together in person (all expenses paid)
- Work alongside an international team of super talented individuals who celebrate each other and care for each other
90K-110K CAD annually
ASAP, but can be flexible according to the availability of the successful candidate.
If you don’t have all of the attributes or particular experience we've listed above, please know that we would still love to hear from you! Use your cover letter to tell us about your unique experience - we understand that talent comes from many places and that skills are transferable.
Judo's total addressable market is vast, our platform is unique, and our team is ambitious. If you’re eager to be a part of something big in this next chapter of your career - we’d love to have you aboard for liftoff. Apply now!
At Judo, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. Judo is an equal-opportunity employer, and we support applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the interview process.