Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College seeks a highly-motivated and energetic visual designer to join a dynamic team working at the forefront of digital learning. In this role, the visual designer will work with subject matter experts, instructional designers, visual designers, product managers and others to create innovative designs for a wide range of educational products for learners of all ages and backgrounds. A successful candidate will have a portfolio that demonstrates extensive knowledge and professional experience designing user experiences and interactions for web, mobile devices, print, video, and more.
ASU and MLFTC are focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education. Our high-quality learning experiences support the education of the local, national, and international communities served by ASU.
$48,000 - $57,000 per year; DOE
Posting Close Date
May 30, 2022
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Graphic Arts, or a related area, AND, GRAPHICS (Proficiency): 2 years experience in Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator, 2D imaging software and 2D animation software (Flash) and creating web graphics. VIDEO:(Proficiency):2 years experience in video/audio production. OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
· Demonstrated expertise with an array of professional software in the Adobe Creative Suite including, but not limited to Adobe XD, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Photoshop.
· Experience in 2D animation and motion graphics
· Experience in video/audio production
· Work collaboratively with team members in the design, development, testing, revision and deployment of multimedia elements that support digital educational products;
· Design, create, modify and deliver multimedia and web-based graphics, video and sound elements; Develop and/or incorporate 2D animation as appropriate.
· Develop layout design and concept, select and secure appropriate illustrative, photographic and sound materials, Evaluate and modify media materials to achieve desired objectives and results.
· Serve as director of video and still photographic events; Schedule events, review scripts and develop storyboards as needed; Complete all post production editing and/or integration of elements to achieve desired outcomes; Maintain archive of video and graphic elements.
· Remain abreast of technology directions, initiatives and trends within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance and recommendations.
· Test new multimedia technologies and evaluate application to educational products.
· Mentor and cross-train other team members in areas of knowledge as appropriate.
This job is located on-site at ASU's West campus in Glendale, Arizona. Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking; visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer; bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds; ability to clearly communicate verbally in English, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties; regular review of completed tasks.
ASU is a diverse enterprise with a wide variety of work and learning modes, locations and a commitment to sustainability, innovation and employee work-life balance. We are determined to maintain our position as an employer of choice in a competitive labor market.
Flexible work options
· Alternative work schedules can include four, 10-hour workdays in a workweek; a nine-day, 80-hour schedule over two workweeks for exempt employees only; and staggered start and stop times.
· Hybrid work is an arrangement where employees spend a minimum of 60% of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work location. Dean or vice president-level approval is required.
ASU’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College creates knowledge, mobilizes people, and takes action to improve education. Nationally recognized as a leader in teacher preparation, leadership development and scholarly research, Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College prepares over 7,600 educators annually. MLFTC faculty create knowledge by drawing from a wide range of academic disciplines to gain insight into important questions about the process of learning, the practice of teaching and the effects of education policy. MLFTC mobilizes people through bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs, through non-degree professional development programs and through socially embedded, multilateral community engagement. MLFTC takes action by bringing people and ideas together to increase the capabilities of individual educators and the performance of education systems.
Aligned with ASU’s commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion, MLFTC is committed to advancing systemic equity in our curricula, programming and institutional relationships. The college’s core value of Principled Innovation connects individual decision making to the pursuit of systemic equity.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.