What we’re looking for
You’re an exceptional professional software engineer with at least 5 years of software engineering experience. You’re comfortable in multiple languages including Ruby on Rails and embrace new approaches to solve problems. We expect you to start from 20-25 and then grow to 35-40 hours per week. You must have at least 3 hours of overlap with US Eastern time-zone.
Required Skills and Experience
- You have either:
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or other STEM degree, or
- Exceptional professional software engineer experience and expertise
- You have very good written communication skills, fluent written English, and comfortable, clear spoken English.
- At least five years of Software Engineering Experience.
- Write clean, self-explanatory code using S.O.L.I.D. and design patterns
- Senior with Ruby on Rails
- React or similar complex UI development environments
- Experience developing and consuming APIs
- Experience with SQL DBs. Specifically experience with Postgres a plus, as we use mainly Postgres. DB experience on NoSQL considered, combined with a strong motivation to learn relational approaches too.
- Experience working in collaborative environments using git (e.g. GitHub).
- Comfortable using ticket-based technical project management (e.g., GitHub tickets and boards)
- Must have some availability that overlaps with our clients in New York (UTC -5) and California (UTC -8)
- Experience in Ed Tech Field (Education projects)
- Experience in Transportation Field
- Continuous Integration and Deployment experience (e.g., CodeShip, Cloud66)
Apply with your resume and in your cover letter please confirm that you are available per the hours described in the job description.