is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions, members, and content all into one place.
We’re looking for a Head of Finance to lead the Finance function at Circle through an exciting phase of growth and expansion.
Reporting to Circle’s CEO, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the company’s budgeting and operating model, accounting practices, reporting and controls, financial data and analytics, and compliance / tax processes.
This is a 100% remote role. We're now a fully remote team of 65 (and growing!) based in the U.S., Colombia, Portugal, India, Argentina, Slovenia, and other countries. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European time zones.
- Create, implement, and maintain a disciplined annual planning and budgeting process with other department heads, including monthly closes and financial reporting packages
- Partner with Circle’s co-founders and sales/marketing leads to determine, establish, and track revenue KPIs with a robust and accurate operating model
- Perform month-end and initiative-level variance analyses to guide Circle’s capital expenditure
- Provide FP&A support and scenario planning as departments evaluate new initiatives and projects
- Identify and execute opportunities to improve financial controls, processes, and information systems
- Partner with Circle’s CEO on investor communication, fundraising, employee policies, and company strategy
- Partner with Circle’s department leads to review and establish employee compensation bands and hiring plans
- Initiate cost containment strategies including cost-savings initiatives, spending controls and expense approvals, vendor negotiations, and contract renewals
- Oversee the company's accounting function, including deep understanding of revenue cycle management, collections management, GAAP principles, and taxes
- Develop and implement a strategy for bringing specific Finance functions in-house and constructing a lean, internal finance staff (i.e., accountant, bookkeeper, financial controller)
- Ensure Circle’s financial compliance with relevant laws and regulations
Who we're looking for
- 8+ years of relevant experience in finance roles, with 4+ years as an operator and experience leading, developing, and growing a small team; growth-stage SaaS, background in FP&A, and venture-backed startup experience is strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of subscription-based metric calculations and concepts; experience with GMV / Stripe Connect is a plus
- Extensive experience in developing operating budgets and tracking to actual in high growth businesses at all corporate levels (project-based, departmental, and company-level)
- Ability to work with significant autonomy; define and execute a plan to achieve overall strategic goals and metrics
- Highly analytical and quantitative skill set with world-class attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills