RevenueCat makes building, analyzing and growing mobile subscriptions easy. We launched as part of Y Combinator's summer 2018 batch and today are handling more than $1.2B of in-app purchases annually across thousands of apps.
We are a mission driven, remote-first company that is building the standard for mobile subscription infrastructure. Top apps like VSCO, Notion, and ClassDojo count on RevenueCat to power their subscriptions at scale.
Our 40 team members (and growing!) are located all over the world, from San Francisco to Madrid to Taipei. We're a close-knit, product-driven team, and we strive to live our core values: Customer Obsession, Always Be Shipping, Own It, and Balance.
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability engineer to help design, build and support reliable core systems and infrastructure. We drive cross-team collaboration to improve scalability and end-to-end reliability. Our SDK is shipped on over 10k apps, and our APIs receive more than 20 billion requests per month. Our stability affects the experience of millions of users.
We want to bring somebody onboard that is passionate about reliability, scalability and understanding the limits of computers and people. This person should be excited about all the technical challenges we will face growing our API throughput to millions of requests per minute.
- You have 8+ years of experience designing and maintaining complex/large/growing systems.
- You collaborate well with others, and can communicate effectively in a fully-remote culture.
- When reviewing new system designs or code, you naturally think about what can go wrong: edge cases, failure modes, bottlenecks, migrations, releases, interesting metrics, etc.
- You love debugging and finding the root cause of production issues.
- You can't sleep if something doesn't have enough metrics to ensure everything is working properly.
- You are proactive, when you see something broken you jump on it to fix it or suggest improvements.
- You move fast, test and iterate quickly.
- You love the Linux/Unix shell, but hate manual processes and love to automate all the things.
- Experience with AWS cloud, Terraform, Prometheus and PostgreSQL
- Experience with highly available, high-throughput, REST APIs
- Solid knowledge of Python
In the first month, you'll:
- Meet frequently with your team and mentor to get up to speed
- Setup: familiarize with repositories, task management, dev environment
- Implement and ship your first project
- Familiarize yourself with the RevenueCat dashboards, logging, debugging tools, cloud providers, infrastructure management and general architecture
- Familiarize yourself with workflows and subscription business concepts.
In the first three months, you'll:
- Be able to scope and work on tasks self-sufficiently.
- Start oncall training
- Participate in code reviews and contribute in other ways to improve reliability and quality of services
In the first six months, you'll:
- Contribute to risk assessment, disaster planning and response strategies
- Be obsessed about our uptime
- Detect our blindspots and add observability to mitigate them
- Work closely with product engineers to design reliable rollouts of new features
- Review code, proposals and participate in architectural discussions.
In the first twelve months, you'll:
- Know all the major components of our system and be able to debug complex issues
- Have your own initiatives for improving the services and our infrastructure
- Be able to spec and architect medium-large projects, gather feedback and design validation and rollout plans.
- Mentor other engineers
- Influence the org to improve general reliability, scalability and performance
What we offer:
- $218,000 to $245,000 USD salary regardless of your location
- Competitive equity in a fast-growing, Series B startup backed by top tier investors including Y Combinator
- 10 year window to exercise vested equity options
- Fully remote work environment that promotes autonomy and flexibility
- Suggested 4 to 5 weeks time off to recharge and focus on mental, physical, and emotional health
- $2,000 USD to build your personal workspace
- $1,000 USD annual stipend for your continuous learning and growth