We're looking for a Software Test Engineer experienced in test automation to help us build our next-gen investment platform.
Who we are
ScalingFunds is a FinTech startup building a blockchain-powered investment fund platform. Originally founded in Berlin and infused by its values, we are now a fully distributed company.
Our mission is to democratize investing. We empower fund managers to launch funds faster & cheaper, and raise money from a more diverse investor base while handling compliance efficiently.
You will work with a modern microservices architecture on a cloud-native stack using the latest and greatest Frontend, Backend, DevOps, and Blockchain technologies:
- Frontend - React / TypeScript / Apollo / CSS-in-JS / Storybook
- Backend - Node.js / TypeScript / Koa / GraphQL / PubSub
- Testing - Jest for Unit Tests / Postman for Integration Tests / Ghost Inspector for End-to-End Tests (but we want your help to improve our testing strategy, processes, and toolchain!)
- Database - PostgreSQL
- Orchestration - Docker / Kubernetes / Cloud Run / Terraform
- CI/CD - GitLab (internal) / GitHub (open source)
- Infra - Google Cloud / Cloudflare
- Blockchain - Ethereum / Solidity / Hardhat
💡 Learn more about our tools & technologies on StackShare.
(Note: You do not need experience in every single technology listed above to apply.)
What we offer
- Remote Work - Work from anywhere 🏖 (meetings happen between 10:00-18:00 in Central European timezone)
- Bi-annual workation - We fly everyone to the same place for a week for a grand ScalingFunds family reunion. All expenses paid!
- 23 days paid vacation - We value work-life balance. With each additional year you earn more holidays (up to 30 days total).
- Competitive Salary - We pay at the high end of local market rates.
- Stock Options - We want everyone to feel ownership, so we give everyone ownership.
- Growth Budget - €1,000 annual allowance for books, courses, conferences, you name it.
- Office Budget - €1,000 annual allowance for co-working spaces or upgrading your home office.
- Fitness Budget - €44 monthly allowance for your physical & mental health.
- Modern Stack - Work with the latest and greatest technologies, including blockchain.
- Deep Work Time - We know Engineers need focus. Tuesdays and Thursdays are our heads-down days. No meetings allowed.
- Open Source - Contribute to our open source projects like Strong Config 💪.
- 3+ years professional experience as a Software Test Engineer, especially in web app testing
- Your English is fluent, spoken and written
- You are great at self-managing and organization
- You have a growth mindset and love learning
- You are ok with working in Central European Time Zone
- Extensive experience in designing, developing and executing robust automated test cases for frontend applications, backend services and public APIs
- Experience with end-to-end test automation tools and frameworks for web platforms (such as Ghost Inspector, Cypress or similar)
- Good understanding of fundamental web technologies such as HTTP, REST, AJAX and JSON
- Knowledge of relational databases and using SQL to diagnose data-related issues
- Experience with API testing and automation using Postman or similar tooling
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Gitlab) and good understanding of modern continuous delivery processes
- Experience debugging in containerized environments (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Experience working with managed cloud services (ideally GCP)
- Experience in the financial services industry
🏳️🌈 Diversity 🏳️🌈
We value diversity of thought at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, or disability status.
And while nationality isn't the only diversity vector, we are proud to have more than 20 different nationalities among our current and former team members at ScalingFunds!
🇨🇴 🇯🇵 🇩🇰 🇮🇳 🇨🇦 🇪🇸 🇩🇪 🏴 🇲🇼 🇺🇸 🇭🇺 🇲🇽 🇵🇱 🇦🇷 🇳🇦 🇦🇺 🇺🇦 🇮🇪 🇧🇾 🇫🇷 🇳🇬 🇺🇬 🇰🇪 🇧🇬 🇭🇷 🇲🇼 🇹🇷