Timescale is adding a Sr. Software Engineer to our growing team! We need extraordinary engineers to build and expand Promscale, an Open-Source tool for storing, analyzing and understanding observability data. We work primarily with Golang and SQL.
You will act as both architect and programmer, designing, coding, and testing the core of our observability tools built upon TimescaleDB and PostgreSQL. Our goal is to build tools to help developers and operators understand their systems and control their data. Towards that end, we are building a suite of tools to allow users to ingest their observability data into TimescaleDB and leverage the power of SQL (in addition to PromQL) to analyze it. You should have strong expertise in SQL (PostgreSQL experience preferred), and ideally already have worked with observability tools and data. Developing data-driven observability systems and tools should excite you.
Timescale is an all-remote organization, with team members across 6 continents; this is a full-time position and can be located anywhere across a wide range of time zones and locations. English fluency is required, however.
- Play a core role in helping to design and develop new observability tools.
- Develop, test, and release new features and functionality from our technical roadmap.
- Continually improve, optimize, and test existing functionality of Promscale.
- Improve infrastructure to evaluate and test Promscale
- Work with engineers both at Promscale and the open-source community to coordinate new functionality and deliver a product to help users understand their systems.
- Work with our users to understand their needs and ways to improve their experience.
- Provide elevated technical assistance to customers
- Be an enthusiastic and personable teammate, receiving and providing code reviews, and otherwise partnering and helping other engineers.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Expertise building industrial-strength software (any language).
- Experience with SQL Databases (PostgreSQL preferred).
- Experience with advanced SQL primitives such as stored procedures.
- Passionate about building highly-reliable and performant data systems.
- Experience with building complex applications that use Database technologies.
- Experience with using or developing observability tools (Prometheus, Fluentd, Jaeger, etc.)
- Experience with mentoring and developing junior engineers.
- Experience with Golang
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters:
software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce 🌎 and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🪴, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Premium insurance options for you and your family
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans for US based employees
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Summer Fridays off in August ☀️
- Full remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual education benefits