CityPASS is looking for a talented Product Designer to evolve our experiences on the CityPASS ecommerce website and related apps. As the sole Product Designer on our team, you will have an essential role in discovering, designing and refining our customer-facing products. You will be working on a cross-functional team with a product owner, product manager, software developers, marketers, and content creators to identify problems and discover opportunities that create the most value.
CityPASS follows Agile development principles to continuously provide value to our customers. Our team celebrates continuous improvement and learning over perfectionism. We are looking for a designer who is creative, good at understanding people, and energetic/enthusiastic about what they do. We desire a lifelong-learner that is focused on making progress every day with us. We are a distributed team and remote work from home is an option for this position.
Skills & Experience Qualifications
- Champion the user while designing intuitive and engaging product experiences
- Create mockups, wireframes and prototypes of various fidelity to quickly validate new product designs / concepts
- Iterate your designs through usability testing and user research, with an eye towards constant improvement
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to define problems and determine appropriate solutions for existing products
- Identify user research needs and coordinate studies based on need
- Communicate conceptual ideas, solutions and design rationale to business stakeholders in a manner that simplifies complexity and generates excitement
- Define the information architecture, the interactions, and the visual design for our ecommerce product and related apps
- Establish a pattern library that is aligned with our brand design and offline marketing
- Help build and apply design standards/processes for the team
- Stay current on the principles, patterns, libraries and best practices in user-centered design and product development
- Craft future design pieces to inspire the longer-term vision for our products
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in product design, user experience design or visual design
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional communication skills that can create buy-in for user-centered product designs, as well as an ability to speak on a technical level and communicate clearly with engineers and other stakeholders within your team and beyond
- Excellent time management/prioritization skills
- Mastery of modern UI design patterns and libraries
- Very organized and able to document the product design process and work files
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative environment, including the ability to influence cross‐functionally and build strong relationships across the organization
- Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies is preferred
- Experience with Google Analytics or another web analytics system is a plus
A portfolio of your design work must be included with your resume to be considered.Education
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is expected. Additional education and certificates are a bonus.About CityPASS
CityPASS is the market leader in marketing and selling discounted multi-attraction tickets. The CityPASS ticket grants access to the most iconic attractions in a city at a savings of up to 50%. CityPASS currently operates in 15 North American destinations: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Southern California, Tampa Bay, and Toronto.
As an organization, we are always building, always striving to be better. This concept applies to the company but also to us as individuals. Every employee is given the opportunity to grow and make a difference.
We believe that hard work should be rewarded with autonomy and flexibility. We strive to cultivate a culture that allows a healthy work/life balance in a professional organization in a desirable location. Our headquarters and approximately 75% of our staff are located in one of the most beautiful areas of North America: Teton Valley, Idaho. Teton Valley is on the western side of the Teton mountain range—just around the corner from the Jackson Hole and Grand Targhee ski resorts, and a short drive from Yellowstone National Park. At this time, all employees—including both Teton Valley residents and remote employees—have the option to work from home.