About the role
Firstbase.io is hiring a Business Operations Specialist to work in tandem with the Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, and Operations to shape the future of Firstbase’s products. You’ll thrive in this role if you have experience building relationships with and influencing cross-functional team members, delivering high-quality projects and processes on time, and analyzing data to produce actionable recommendations.
Top candidates for this position will have a natural desire to continuously improve the product and internal processes, enormous user empathy, and can maintain a calm demeanor in high-stress situations. People describe our ideal Business Operations Specialist as accountable, organized, and customer-obsessed.
Firstbase is building an all-in-one Company OS to help define how founders across the globe launch, manage, and grow their businesses.
More than ten thousand founders from over a hundred countries have used our incorporation product, Firstbase Start, to launch their startup. For many founders, "firstbase.io" has become what they type into their address bars when they think about incorporating a business.
We are backed by Y Combinator & our team, investors, and advisors include people from Apple, Gusto, Carta, Wise, Plaid, and many other great companies.
Why you should join
Firstbase is much more than just incorporation. Our team is dedicated to building products & solving some of the startups’ hardest problems, with a particular focus in:
- Democratizing access to financial infrastructure
- Automating tasks every founder faces when running a business
- Making tools and resources more accessible to everyone, everywhere
- Building integrated solutions for founders and removing friction
- Delivering opportunities to traditionally overlooked founders and companies
- Democratizing access to knowledge
Join us on a mission to help more companies succeed!
Who are we looking for
We are looking for risk-takers with diverse experience able to provide fearless feedback.
You will have the following duties
- Work in tandem with the Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, and Operations to shape the future of
Firstbase’s products and processes.
- Lead project teams to prepare “support readiness” by ensuring that all facets of support operations, including
workflows, tools, content, and change management are deployed in advance of new product initiatives, changes
in strategy, or new product releases.
- Collaborate with client-facing teams to ensure any new product initiatives, releases, or changes in strategy are
properly communicated and are “client-ready".
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to make critical decisions regarding product strategy &
implementation by providing recommendations based on your knowledge of operational capabilities and the
needs of our clients.
- Understand and be able to address all customer issues related to the product and processes.
- Gather insights through a variety of channels and tools to accurately capture and represent the customer's voice.
- Turn customer support challenges and business opportunities into a backlog of projects that reduce customer
- Serve as an escalation point for critical issues and incidents when they occur.
You should meet the following requirements
- 2+ years of work experience in product operations, program or project management, or customer support,
preferably in a B2B environment.
- Familiarity with principles of product management or previous experience working directly with product and
- Demonstrates ability to build relationships and influence colleagues inside and outside of your immediate team
in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to simplify complex topics and adjust delivery for broad audiences i.e.
multiple departments and partners.
- Demonstrates experience navigating difficult conversations and making decisions on the behalf of the
- Proficiency in constructing project plans, holding working group members accountable, and delivering results on
time, all the time.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Looker, Data visualization tools, and SQL.
Some perks you might enjoy
Competitive salary and equity: We lean on some of the best market data to ensure that we offer the most competitive compensation.
Hybrid work environment: We work both remotely & from our offices in New York City in São Paulo – optimizing for collaboration while providing flexibility to team members.
21 days of PTO + birthday off: We offer flexibility to allow people to relax and recharge whenever they need it.
Build your ideal work setup: We understand that how you work is extremely important, so we provide a stipend to set yourself up for success here at Firstbase.
Health benefits: Firstbase offers health insurance reimbursements to both US and international employees.
Learning and development: We provide a stipend together with resources to help people grow and develop in their careers.
Amazing quarterly bonus: Every team at Firstbase has a bonus structure that usually accounts for 20-25% of OTE.