As Alloy’s first dedicated Sales Engineer, you’ll play a critical role in the success of our go-to-market teams, providing support for the technical elements of the sales cycle, being the go-to resource for the sales team, actively driving and managing the tech evaluation and later stages of the sales process. And win.
You’ll be a whiz with our product and tech, deliver advanced product demos and highlight the massive potential that brands can unlock with Alloy. But that’s not all. As an early sales hire, you’ll help build the foundation and lay the fundamentals for the future, while advancing and growing your career with awesome people along the way.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead and facilitate discussions and technical demos with prospects to understand their current pain points, and how Alloy can help take their brand to the next level.
- Collect requirements for proof of concept, and collaborate with other teams internally to deliver the project and assist sales with closing the deal.
- Develop a strong understanding of customers’ tech stacks in order to then articulate the value of implementing Alloy’s integration platform.
- Be able to showcase product features that are most relevant to the prospect, and also speak to different use cases popular amongst our customer base.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to lay the groundwork for sales success and to secure a technical buy after the proof of concept and then complete a smooth handoff to the Solutions team.
- Constantly think about ways to programmatically and repeatedly demo Alloy and ways the platform could provide value.
- Be a linchpin between Sales and Product! At this point in our growth, it’s critical that we have a tight feedback loop with those closest to customers and prospect and help scale and improve our offering
Skills & experience we’re excited about
- Presales chops. Which means you’ve got at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role from the SaaS space; bonus points if you’ve been an early sales engineering hire and even better if it’s in the ecomm space.
- Focus on the needs of the customer above all. You view problems through their lens, have a strong understanding of ecommerce technologies, and are constantly thinking about ways brands can unlock more efficiencies, savings, and ROI via integration and automation
- You’re naturally curious and confident, love to ask questions, think on your feet, and bring a solutions-oriented approach mixed with high technical aptitude and business acumen.
- Presentations don’t faze you and you’re able to deliver compelling and concise prezos with prospects. And through your conversations, form relationships and influence, with great energy that people gravitate toward.
- You should have a baseline understanding of computer science principles and be able to build logical workflows per customer requests during a demo, and field questions related to third party APIs, technical edge case and error handling, etc
- You’re a maestro when it comes to customer and project management – super-organized and time-management is second nature to you. This is important as you’ll need to context-shift and pivot when working on several projects and priorities at the same time.
Why work with us?
We’re growing quickly - We've raised $27M to date and anticipate growing to nearly 40 people by end of 2022
We’re diverse & distributed - We work remotely across 6 time zones, and our team is highly diverse from an age, gender, and background perspective. We move fast, but also find time to laugh, get to know more about each other's cultures and backgrounds, and show off our great (and horrible) cooking.
We stay on top of trends - We’re power users of tools like Figma, Jira, & Notion, and also know a thing or two about memes.
We build for our customers - We keep a good pulse on how our merchants are doing, and their problems, which is what allows us to discover new opportunities and areas for growth. We do this by running regular product feedback sessions, and engaging a dedicated customer community.
We’re ambitious, like you - We’re relentlessly optimistic that we can build this crazy automation tool that will change the way millions of people work once they have their hands on it.
We’re backed by the best - We’re backed by leading VCs like a16z, Bain Capital, YC and the founders of brands like Rent the Runway & Italic, and the people behind tech unicorns like Attentive, ShipBob, & Webflow believed in us early and are invested in our success.