CommandBar has two main constituents: the teams that embed our product in their applications, and the ~3M end users who use the product itself. Because CommandBar is a fundamentally new product without an existing category to lean on, learning from both of these constituents is crucial for the success of our product and company. So much so, that we're prioritizing user research before most companies of our scale. As a User research lead at CommandBar, you'll be responsible for establishing our user research function and infusing it throughout our business. Your work will directly impact our customers, and also the millions of end users we serve every month.
- Set up a repeatable user research process for CommandBar teams and end users
- Conduct targeted and ethnographic studies to understand how CommandBar is being used in our customer apps
- Working directly with founders, engineers, and designers to help inform roadmap and design decisions
- Helping define our product and design culture, including through hiring and mentorship
What will help you succeed
- 3+ years of user research at a software company (ideally both B2B and B2C, since we're kinda both!)
- Portfolio of successfully applied end-to-end user research artifacts influencing the direction of product
- A passion for building from the ground up and turning CommandBar into a place where people say "if you want to learn and do great user research, go work at CommandBar"
- Desire to get (more) technical and learn more about how CommandBar works from an engineering POV