There are 22M+ Americans who suffer from treatment-resistant mental health conditions, meaning they’ve failed two or more conventional treatments. Our mission is to further innovative mental health treatments (ranging from FDA-approved psychedelic medicines to neuromodulation to digital therapeutics to novel molecular approaches) for those patients who are suffering the most. We do this by empowering providers, improving patient care, and accelerating research. Our electronic medical records software is used by mental health doctors and their patients across the US. We analyze the data to help the doctors deliver better care and also offer insights to help research and development of new treatments that actually work.
Backed by top-tier investors (e.g. General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, Y Combinator, Jerry Yang, etc.), Osmind’s team consists of mission-driven experts from across tech and healthcare. We're a tight-knit group of intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and fun team members. We've been featured in publications such as Forbes and Crunchbase News.
We are looking for our first UX Researcher to join the Design team at Osmind. In this role you will gather, interpret, and share insights about what our customers really need, and you'll be an essential contributor to Osmind's product design strategy. This is a great opportunity to make a huge impact in the lives of mental health providers and their patients.
Note : Osmind is a remote first, office encouraged workplace. While we would like to continue hiring local talent in the SF Bay Area, we are also open to remote candidates within the United States.
What you'll do
- Recruit research candidates and build relationships that serve Osmind's research objectives.
- Produce and maintain user types, jobs-to-be-done, user stories, and other artifacts as needed.
- Build a research plan that integrates with product and engineering timelines and deliverables.
- Synthesize and organize research into functional user requirements.
- Clearly communicate research outcomes and impact to internal stakeholders, presenting hypotheses, proposals, and testing results.
- Conduct remote and in-person tests of concepts and prototypes with end users.
- Maintain an organized systems of notes, artifacts, and backlog of needs.
- Lead the team to take calculated, intentional risks as we tackle challenging interaction and experience problems.
- Tirelessly advocate for human-centered design and develop a more complete understanding of our users.
- Research comparative products to understand the competitive landscape.
- Minimum 3 years experience in applied product research.
- Proficiency in a broad set of qualitative and quantitative research methods including usability tests, surveys, interviews, ethnographic studies, and contextual observation.
- Workshop planning and facilitation experience.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills, with strong ability to synthesize and communicate ideas.
- A positive, scrappy attitude, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- If local, willingness to work out of our office in San Francisco office 2-3 days per week.
- Healthcare technology experience preferred but not required.
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- 100% employer contribution to healthcare insurance (medical, dental, vision) and 50% contribution for dependents
- 401K matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible working hours to match your style
- In-office in San Francisco (Potrero Hill) 2-3 days a week in 2022 pending public health guidelines
- In-office perks: food and lunch, snacks and drinks, happy hours, etc.
- Contribute to one of the most innovative areas of medicine: frontier neuropsychiatry.
- Be part of an all-star team that is intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and likes to have fun.
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy given we're a high-growth startup.
About us and more
- To share more about our company, our mission, our values, what it’s like working with us, and our interview process, we’ve put together this presentation for you
- The tl;dr: we're a tight-knit group of intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and fun team members. We take the work that we do very seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Sometimes you’ll catch us singing karaoke, making memes, or going out for a run together.
- We have a five-star average Glassdoor review.
- We value feedback. Have an idea for how we can improve this job description? Let us know here.
Some candidates may see the list above and feel discouraged because they don't match all the items. Please apply anyway: there's a good chance you also have important skills we’ve missed! We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, underrepresented people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.