There are 22M+ Americans who suffer from treatment-resistant mental health conditions, meaning they’ve failed two or more conventional treatments. Our mission is to further innovative mental health treatments (ranging from FDA-approved psychedelic medicines to neuromodulation to digital therapeutics to novel molecular approaches) for those patients who are suffering the most. We do this by empowering providers, improving patient care, and accelerating research. Our electronic medical records software is used by mental health doctors and their patients across the US. We analyze the data to help the doctors deliver better care and also offer insights to help research and development of new treatments that actually work.
Backed by top-tier investors (e.g. General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, Y Combinator, Jerry Yang, Joshua Kushner, etc.), Osmind’s team consists of mission-driven experts from across tech and healthcare. We're a tight-knit group of intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and fun team members. We've been featured in publications such as Forbes and Crunchbase News.
We are looking for our first Engineering Manager in Mexico to lead our product-focused team. In just one year of launch, we've rapidly scaled our product and our engineering team has been quickly growing. As our an EM, you will report directly into our VP Engineering and help set the precedent for engineering management at Osmind.
*Please note this position is a full-time contract relationship with Osmind.
- Lead the team responsible for feature development of our patient facing mobile application. Collaborate with Product on scoping out and delegating tasks to ensure high-quality, on-time delivery of our product roadmap
- Develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers. You will serve as a mentor and technical advisor, providing advice on everything from code reviews to 1-1s to career development discussions
- Ensure that the team is following our engineering practices including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing, scalability, and security
- Set up and manage processes necessary to operate the team effectively and measure success
- Work with our VP Engineering and in-house recruiter to recruit and close other A-player engineers
- Provide your voice into improving our engineering organization and overall company as a whole
- Build high-quality code yourself, not every day, but about 10% of your time
- Willingness to travel to San Francisco 4-6 times a year once COVID is over!
- 6+ years software engineering experience
- 2+ years experience managing a team; doing the hiring, performance management, and compensation management
- Expert engineering recruiter (personally responsible for hiring 2+ engineers in the past)
- Mobile application development experience
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to motivate teams to produce high-quality software
- Deep understanding of our languages/frameworks and data structures: Typescript, NodeJS, Python; though you won't have to code every day
- Startup experience (Series C or earlier), demonstrating that you can thrive in our fast-paced startup environment
- Passion for fixing our broken mental healthcare system
- Experience in regulated industries (e.g. finance or healthcare)
- Experience managing mixed local-remote teams
What we offer
- The ability to build something that actually moves the needle on our generation's biggest crisis, mental healthcare. Serve treatment-resistant mental health patients (1/3 of mental health patient population) who are the ones who need the most help. Contribute to one of the most innovative areas of medicine: frontier neuropsychiatry
- An all-star team that is intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and likes to have fun. We also value diversity of thought and background
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy given we're a high-growth startup
- Flexible working hours to match your style
- Competitive, upside-heavy compensation
About us & more
- To share more about our company, our mission, our values, what it’s like working with us, and our interview process, we’ve put together this presentation for you.
- The tl;dr: We take the work that we do very seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Sometimes you’ll catch us singing karaoke, making memes, or going out for a run together.
- We have a five-star average Glassdoor review and a zero turnover rate across our engineering team.
- We value feedback. Have an idea for how we can improve this job description? Let us know here.
Some candidates may see the list above and feel discouraged because they don't match all the items. Please apply anyway: there's a good chance you also have important skills we’ve missed! We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, underrepresented people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.