There are 22M+ Americans who suffer from treatment-resistant mental health conditions, meaning they’ve failed two or more conventional treatments. Our mission is to further innovative mental health treatments (ranging from FDA-approved psychedelic medicines to neuromodulation to digital therapeutics to novel molecular approaches) for those patients who are suffering the most. We do this by empowering providers, improving patient care, and accelerating research. Our electronic medical records software is used by mental health doctors and their patients across the US. We analyze the data to help the doctors deliver better care and also offer insights to help research and development of new treatments that actually work.
Backed by top-tier investors (e.g. General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, Y Combinator, Jerry Yang, Joshua Kushner, etc.), Osmind’s team consists of mission-driven experts from across tech and healthcare. We're a tight-knit group of intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and fun team members. We've been featured in publications such as Forbes and Crunchbase News.
We are a series A funded Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) that’s building something that actually moves the needle on our generation's biggest crisis, mental healthcare (see here for an article our cofounder Jimmy wrote about PBC’s.)
We are looking for our first dedicated DevOps engineer. This is an exciting foundational role to help us architect and set DevOps best practices as we build web and mobile applications to bring innovative, effective, personalized, and scalable solutions to providers and patients.
Let’s transform mental healthcare, together.
Note : Osmind is a remote first, office encouraged workplace. While we would like to continue hiring local talent in the SF Bay Area, we are also open to remote candidates within the United States.
What you’ll do
- Develop processes to improve upon the existing Osmind platform infrastructure, build and deployment process, and security configurations
- Manage the whole lifecycle of our AWS development and production environments (manage configurations, monitor changes, respond to issues, etc.)
- Create tools to improve developer productivity
- Continue to build out and maintain our infrastructure as we continue to scale
- Mentor our team to reliably and efficiently operate our core services. This includes supporting the team with debugging environment-related issues.
- Be involved in our on-call rotation for production incident response.
Our tech stack: Serverless Framework, DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, Cognito, S3, EC2, RDS, Aurora, Cloudwatch, Node.JS, React, and React Native (Expo).
- 4+ years of DevOps experience
- Experience with automation and infrastructure as code (e.g. terraform, ansible)
- Experience working with AWS services such as: Cognito, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, EC2, RDS, Aurora, Cloudwatch
- Experience working on CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with logging and monitoring pipelines (Fluent Bit, Datadog, Logstash, etc.)
- You are passionate about data privacy and want to help us build systems that don't just meet compliance/legal requirements but are representative of best-in-class security infrastructure
- You have a passion for fixing our broken mental healthcare system
- Previous startup experience to help you thrive in our fast-paced environment
Nice to haves
- CI/CD experience with multiple environments, including build and release systems with short (1 week) release cycles
- Strong experience in a scripting languages
- Strong interest and experience in developing resilient, fault-tolerant systems that our providers and patients trust
A successful first year may look like
- Manage all our AWS infrastructure using Terraform
- Revamping our CI/CD pipeline to include testing, auditing, and deployment.
- Building out a monitoring/logging system to identify feature failures and security incidents.
- Making quality of life improvements for developers (i.e. debugging, accessing, upgrading systems).
- Sharing devops best practices across the engineering team through mentoring, lunch and learns, and more.
- Improving the confidence in the security, privacy, and uptime of our products.
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- 100% employer contribution to healthcare insurance (medical, dental, vision) and 50% contribution for dependents
- 401K matching
- Unlimited PTO
- In-office perks: food and lunch, snacks and drinks, happy hours, etc.
- Flexible working hours to match your style
- Contribute to one of the most innovative areas of medicine: frontier neuropsychiatry.
- Be part of an all-star team that is intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and likes to have fun.
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy given we're a high-growth startup.
About Us & More
- To share more about our company, our mission, our values, what it’s like working with us, and our interview process, we’ve put together this presentation for you.
- The tl;dr: we're a tight-knit group of intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and fun team members. We take the work that we do very seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Sometimes you’ll catch us singing karaoke, making memes, or going out for a run together.
- We have a five-star average Glassdoor review.
- Our co founders, Lucia and Jimmy, made it to the Forbes 30 under 30 list
- We were ranked as one of CB Insights top digital health companies of 2021
- We value feedback. Have an idea for how we can improve this job description? Let us know here.
Some candidates may see the list above and feel discouraged because they don't match all the items. Please apply anyway: there's a good chance you also have important skills we’ve missed! We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, underrepresented people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.