Babb is a regulated crypto asset start-up based in London and aims to be the world bank of the micro economy. We are looking for a Head of Finance and Treasury
The Head of Finance and treasury will be responsible for the implementation of the financial framework, managing day-to-day banking relationships, conducting on-going reviews of the Company’s finance procedures, setting up the respective local systems and controls, and ensuring proper reporting, both internal and external regulatory reporting.
- Maintain and enhance the existing stress testing methodology and scenarios to ensure they continue to meet the needs of the Company and external regulatory requirements.
- Manage and oversee the cash flow of the company ensuring it has the appropriate treasury controls.
- Prepare and file regulatory financial reporting as required by the FCA and other regulatory bodies.
- Maintain and oversee banking relationships. Review commercials and look for alternative flows to save money if required.
- Support projects related to the application of BAX (BABB native token) as the main fee (or a substitute fee with benefits) and monetization mechanism in the Babb ecosystem.
- Weekly and monthly reconciliations on backend revenue reporting.
- Manage the treasury including Fiat and Crypto balances in the Babb platform and external wallets & exchanges
- Further develop and overlook Market Making facilities of Babb related tokens including BAX. Review of the MM codes and implementation strategy, including monitoring and reporting of MM, trades and P&L, and propose measures to improve MM and portfolio performance and risk management.
- Work with the technical team to undertake analytics of the backend transaction data and propose the creation of a dashboard for the effective management reporting.
- Create realisation flows for mobile app trades, which may include synthetic pairs consisting of assets residing in multiple jurisdictions.
- Review and optimise settlement procedures including Fiat and Cryptocurrency trades, multicurrency pay-ins and pay-outs.
- A variety of other ad-hoc projects and analyses, as needed by the CEO and other exec team members
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the Financial Services sector with proven experience (4+ years) as a Head of Finance function or similar, preferably in regulated institutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory frameworks in the UK and requirements related to Financial institutions, Electronic Money, and Crypto assets is an advantage.
- Deep understanding of the Financial Services sector and products. Knowledge and experience within FinTech, Blockchain, and Crypto assets operations is an advantage.
- A proven track record of working effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the Company and within and across a decentralised international environment.
- High degree of integrity, initiative, perseverance, coupled with exceptional organisational, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity to understand the bigger picture and drive change to make a difference in the organisation.
- Data analytics skills preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to execute under pressure whilst meeting deadlines.
- Educated to a degree level, ideally within Accounting, Finance, or relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CFA/CPA/ACA/ACCA) will be considered as an advantage.