We're looking for a talented, driven, and enthusiastic technical content specialist to join our growing remote team to produce content for us and the industry-leading organizations we partner with. You'll form a core part of the work we do at ScaleMath, working closely with our operations team and head of content.
ScaleMath is a customer acquisition and experience agency – in short, we help industry-leading companies grow. We pride ourselves in being the very best at what we do and offer unmatched attention to detail/care about the actual company compared to a traditional agency which often just cares about doing the bare minimum to pick up their monthly fee.
We've retained clients that we got from the very beginning even as we continued to grow and accept new clients and expand the team. We're a fully remote, distributed team. Working at ‘ScaleMath’ is for you if you want to be a part of a driven team that's motivated and fulfilled by doing exceptional work for incredible companies every single day.
We'd like to hear from you if:
- You want to pursue content as a long-term career.
- You have experience writing long-form content like blog posts, guides, eBooks, etc.
- You’re comfortable as a manager of one.
- You’re a stickler for style, grammar, and finding the words and phrases that best capture an idea or feeling.
- You are incredibly well-organized and motivated.
- You want to join a fast-growing organization to work as a part of a team that works with industry-leading companies.
- You understand and have experience with on-page SEO.
- You understand distribution channels for content, including search engines, social media, and email.
- You're able to describe or create a content strategy for a given audience.
- You have a reliable internet connection/access.
- Know how to construct a narrative that connects the reader’s needs to the proposed solution (the client's product/service) and compel them to take action.
- Are comfortable with writing about technical topics in detail, including but not limited to Docker, Laravel, PHP, and WordPress.
You approach everything you do with a spirit of partnership and collaboration, not exclusion or rigidness. You're resourceful & a true problem solver able to feel gaps in what you're working on, pitch solutions, and implement them.
At ScaleMath, we do so much more than just create great content. We drive growth. This is a job where you can do the best work of your career. ScaleMath is committed to remaining a calm company where we don't regularly work longer than 40 hours per week and take proper vacations.
In your role, you'll need to:
- Create, edit, and manage content for a variety of mediums that could include: email, newsletters, blogs, white papers/guides, thought leadership articles, customer case studies, website pages, webinar slide decks, sales collateral, event collateral, and video scripts.
- Maintain the master content calendar that schedules all aspects of the creation and delivery of content throughout the year.
- Understand and apply SEO best practices, including formatting (H1 tags, etc.).
- Provide meta descriptions with each article draft.
- Create content tailored to specific promotion or business goals.
- Provide feedback, suggestions, and strategy for improving client outcomes.
- Be a kick-ass teammate, communicator, and collaborator.
- Must be fluent in English
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field is a plus
- Experience working as a part of a remote team, where you weren't micro-managed
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Flexible working hours (ideally 5-6 hours overlap with UK Time zone).
- 20 days paid holiday per year
How To Apply
Please send an application tailored to this position that speaks to us. Introduce yourself to us as a colleague. Within your cover letter, give us some examples of some of your best-written work, how it was used, and to what effect. We would like to see a resume but forget that generic resume, we want to see what really sets you apart.
- This position will be closed as soon as we find the perfect match. So, make sure to read the description carefully and take your time to submit a high-quality application that stands out.
- If you apply, we’ll respond promptly and keep you updated throughout the process.
- Send your application (cover letter, CV, and optionally a video introducing yourself & sharing why you feel you're a good fit for this position) to us.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the screening process. We usually see hundreds of applications for roles, and our small hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback before the interview stage.
Our interviews are conversations held with future colleagues – no tests, no surprises. After that, we'll invite finalists to join us for an exercise to give them an idea of how we work.
We look forward to hearing from you.