TokenTax is the leader in cryptocurrency tax accounting. We are looking for a trustworthy, proactive, and experienced frontend engineer with expertise in React and Typescript.
As a Software Engineer at TokenTax, you can expect to work on cutting-edge technology and projects, formulate and execute strategies, and coordinate with other team members while taking a lot of initiative and ownership with minimal direction. You will be expected to contribute to your team’s success through consistent, high-quality code and have an appetite for learning new things. You will work directly with TokenTax’s co-founder.
- Extensive experience with React, Typescript, Node, and PostgreSQL
- Comfort working with job queues/background processing
- Experience working with Docker and/or Kubernetes and microservices in general
- Comfortable with CS fundamentals, either from a formal university program or through self-learning
- An empathetic, collaborative, communicative, and consultative work style
- Intellectual curiosity, and great problem solving skills
- A communication style that is open, transparent, and direct
Nice to have
- Experience working with, and/or passion for/interest in, the cryptocurrency/DeFi ecosystem
- Familiarity with ethereum smart contracts
- Have tinkered with a bunch of languages and services, with enough insight across the programming landscape to step into unfamiliar code and make sense of what’s going on
- Concrete understanding of core blockchain concepts and building distributed systems or applications
- Experience working with any public cloud service (eg. AWS, Azure or GCP)
- We’ve hit an inflection point with product-market fit. We have passionate, paying customers, and are scaling quickly.
- Our cross-functional team is uniquely suited to solve this problem. Titles are fluid, when everyone contributes to solving a problem in their unique ways.
- The types of product and engineering problems we’re solving have both breadth and depth, and for several different personas.
- We invest in the personal and professional growth of every team member.
- Equity in a high growth company
- Unlimited time off policy, and work-life balance.
- Remote-friendly and open to contractors (for those local to NY, our offices are just across the street from the beautiful and iconic Washington Square Park)
- Flexible schedule with core hours from 12-5pm EST
- Full time preferred (can be part time to start)