ABOUT THE COMPANY
Bonfire is transforming the way people buy and sell high-quality custom apparel. We are a free online platform where anyone can design, sell, and buy custom products. We’ve helped thousands of individuals, groups, and nonprofits raise money for the causes they care about, and also serve the world’s top creators as their premiere custom merch platform. We’re a passionate, creative, and data-driven team constantly pursuing our vision: to strengthen communities that inspire a kinder world. We bring this vision to life by hiring passionate, smart people who celebrate and respect others, are committed to a life of curiosity, are never satisfied with ‘good enough’, are eager to co-create the future, and who thrive through teamwork. Have we been looking for you?
ABOUT THE JOB
Our IT team is searching for their future Data Engineer – a critical thinker who enjoys busting out their investigative hat to flex their problem-solving muscle, and prioritizes being highly communicative and collaborative with fellow colleagues.
As Bonfire’s Data Engineer, you will be our data aficionado, designing and building solutions to feed our data pipelines which serve information to our business analysts, and other departments to help ensure they are making sound, informed decisions. This person can expect to be significantly involved with data automation, wrangling, cleaning, and organization.
This role lies within our Development department and reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
All Bonfire employees are expected to embrace the Mission and Values, we live together and apart: Humble Ingenuity, Trusting Partnerships, Inclusive Cooperation, Moral Courage, Healthy Dissatisfaction
Bonfire is currently supporting a virtual work environment; however, this is a contract position and is only open to candidates residing in European & South American time zones.
include but are not limited to:
- Setup and build/maintain our DWH (Data Warehouse), most likely on AWS
- Play significant role in choosing and implementing data-access tools for our analysts, in collaboration with Devops and BI team
- Undertake Data Architecture, using a systematic approach to plan, create, and maintain data architectures while keeping aligned with business requirements
- Perform data collection, obtaining data from the appropriate sources, being familiar with ETL and ELT.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in role of Data Engineer
- Consistent access to a reasonably distraction free home work space, with reliable access to high-speed internet and use of a smart phone/mobile device
- Technologically savvy, with strong computer skills and the ability to embrace and adapt to changes to technology that is critical to how we work
- Good working knowledge of the primary Google business, productivity and collaboration tools/software
WHY WORK AT BONFIRE?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words they’d use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company that’s trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our team member offerings:
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work environment (We are a fully distributed team!)
- Flexible scheduling
- Year-round swag giveaways
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you.