Our current need. Transforming data into knowledge is a core function of COSA. This includes targeting and collecting the right data in developing countries, analyzing risks and opportunities, and generating interactive reports and dashboards. This work requires systematic and replicable processes, infrastructure, and software integrations to manage data integrity and security while also optimizing for performance and user experience.
The position provides a unique opportunity to join a small dynamic team and organization with high-growth and impact potential.
- Experience with software development including writing code in one or more object-oriented programming languages and working within web frameworks.
- Management of software development and applications including low-code platforms.
- Familiarity with data ETL processes and programming including stored procedures, database triggers, and tools like Apache NiFi/Kafka or Dataprep.
- Work completed interfacing with APIs using common programming languages.
- Understanding and hands-on knowledge of cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, GCP) and virtualization.
- Experience in relational database administration (MSSQL, Oracle, Postgres).
- Working knowledge of version control and documentation of application processes, code, and data scripting.
- Advanced experience and/or certifications with AWS.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Apache Superset or comparable tools.
- No less than 5 years of experience working with data at a professional level and leading some of the above efforts. If you only have a few years of experience, you must have extraordinary skills and professional recommendations to be considered.
- Excellent English skills are mandatory (writing and speaking). There is a preference for having multi-lingual skills.
About this position: This is a part-time or a full-time position. The position is remote but does require an excellent work discipline to be on-time and available during agreed hours. Individual ideally is based in a time zone in the Americas or Europe/Africa, in order to facilitate collaboration with a team based in these regions.
We are a non-profit, mission-led organization that focuses on pragmatic data-based insights to drive better decision making to achieve sustainability. We are an equal opportunity employer and are interested in highly skilled women, minorities, and residents of developing countries. Our culture is to collaborate and where staff all know how to roll up their sleeves and do their work diligently while enjoying a close camaraderie.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Please complete these2 steps:
- Apply here, and
- Send resume/CV to: [email protected].
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.