A little bit about us:
We are Belvo, a financial API platform with the bold vision of democratizing access to financial services in Latin America. We enable any company or developer to access and interpret their end-users’ financial information. We are turning the rich and diverse Latin American financial ecosystem into a set of developer-friendly tools and APIs.
We’re a highly-technical, passionate, and driven team. We are more than 100 people, our team currently represents 26 nationalities and we have offices in Barcelona, Mexico City, and São Paulo - while a large portion of us works remotely.
We are tackling a very stimulating problem: connecting fintech innovators with legacy financial infrastructure. We strive to go beyond the limits of what is possible today and to do so in an elegant and developer-first way.
Since starting our adventure in May 2019, we have raised $56m from the leading VC investors globally.
You can read more about our company here and about our team and culture here. Also, head to our blog for more news about our growth and how we have fun together.
About the team:
- We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
- Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
- We are pragmatic and customer-focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
- We communicate transparently. We do weekly all-hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
- We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us, there's no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3 pm and 6 pm, CEST timezone.
- Also, we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures, and YCombinator.
You will guide Enrichment, one of Belvo’s main product pillars. You will work across a large group of people to build intelligent, automated systems that help our customers understand their customers and data.
- Mission: Help our customers unlock credit and drive smarter financial behavior.
- Customers: FinTechs and banks, with sizes ranging from 10-person startups to global enterprises.
Products we build and & problems we solve:
- Categorization: what is this financial transaction about? Where did you make the transaction?
- Income Verification: do you have enough income to borrow more debt?
- Recurring Expenses: how much do you set aside to spend on necessities and subscriptions?
- Risk Insights: should a lender give you a loan based on your risk, e.g. asset and debt levels?
- We’re the largest data aggregation provider in LATAM with double-digit million transactions piping through our systems every month. Our rule engines and ML models are trained on this vast bank, fiscal, and gig economy dataset.
Your success will be measured by:
- Customer adoption: our customers buying and using Enrichment products
- Product quality: coverage and accuracy of our models; the richness of our metadata
- Team-building: win senior talent, build teams that build intelligent, automated systems with ML
- Be the subject matter expert that influences Belvo. Shape and evangelize the Enrichment strategy and roadmap.
- Define the OKRs, product quality metrics and identify levers to drive them.
- Discover customer needs by building relationships with customer and customer-facing teams.
- Design experiments with minimum viable product and guide when we pivot.
- Collaborate with Data and Infrastructure teams to build the platform capabilities that support Enrichment needs.
- Communicate details, updates, and launches across all stakeholders, seniority levels, and customers.
- de Proactively identify and resolve product and cross-functional issues.
This position may be for you if:
- Strong product sense: you are thoughtful and creative. You can turn ambiguous problems into great products.
- Strong product execution: you use data to build products and measure progress.
- 5+ years of product management / data science / engineering or equivalent experience
- AI/ML product experience to map user needs to ML tech and productize models.
- Strong experience interacting with users and identifying product gaps and features to address the gaps.
- Influence through data and strong English communication skills
- You worked as a Data Scientist or ML Engineer.
- Built your own startup.
- Speak Spanish or Portuguese.
- Worked in a remote or distributed organization.
- Shipped lending products or complex, technical FinTech products.
🚀 Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
📈 Annual company bonus
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
🐶 Pet friendly
🧘🏾♀️ Access to mental health service
👩🏻⚕️ Health Insurance
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🌎 Work from any office twice per year
💻 Renew your laptop every 2 years
🙋 Training Budget
😎 Team building events
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month
🔋 Fitness/ wellness stipends
🚀 Yearly offsite
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🏝 1 week off on your 2-year anniversary