Anakin is building a fully automated pricing engine for large eCommerce companies such as Flipkart, Walmart, and Uber. We do that by collecting data and generating actionable insights. Our pricing engine automatically changes the prices of hundreds of millions of products across 15+ countries in real-time.
As a Founder Associate at Anakin, you will work directly with the founders, in regards to operations, sales, and getting things done. The ideal candidate is a future entrepreneur or executive who is willing to work hard and do a wide variety of non-glamorous tasks for a year or two to get their foot in the door, learn, and make connections. You will work directly with Anakin's co-founders, with the simple goal of saving them time, which means:
The level of work you'll do is only limited by your capabilities.
Some of the tasks you will be doing are noted below:
- Hiring: Design a recruitment process together with the founders and arrange the logistics for interviewing the candidates
- Product: Coordinate with the designers and the technology team to deliver new features on time to our customers
- Sales: Work with the founders to design a sales process and arrange the logistics
- Ad-hoc projects: An example could be hiring technical content writers and coordinating with them to create a tech documentation
- Optimisation: Work with different business units to find new ways to implement new solutions to save time or cut costs.
We are looking for a smart, motivated, and collaborative generalist who loves solving problems and wants to make an impact on our inspiring mission. You will have full ownership of challenging problems, working with a team of enthusiastic engineers designing solutions that propel Anakin toward our goals at a rapid pace. Mission success at Anakin depends on the systems you create and manage.
- You get things done.
- 98th percentile energy, 2nd percentile ego. You can't afford to have ego in a job like this.
- Entrepreneurial, scrappy, with a 'get shit done' mentality (officially we call this "bias to action"). Here I want to see examples of times you've done this before.
- Atypically versatile. Thinks and acts like a CEO. Able to dive into many roles and do them well.
- Willingness to challenge. This is important to me. You need to be comfortably directly challenging my opinions, assumptions, and actions, but also willing to support me if we disagree and I go in a different direction.
- Willingness to coach and be coached. We should be learning from one another. No ego, just helping each other be our best selves.
- Preference for candidates who have non-traditional/diverse backgrounds. This doesn't mean you have to fall into classic definitions but that you've lived a life that is different, where you've been challenged or have chosen to challenge yourself.
- By the way, we don't necessarily have to want to "go for beers" afterwards (although that would be great), but at the very least we should have an excellent working relationship and be excited to talk about different challenges and opportunities for the company!
- I'll be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis, with an emphasis on finding the right person vs. finding someone quickly
- Knowledge of basic coding is a plus!
- Lastly - please give me a sense of who you are and why you're applying. I promise I read through everything you send.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
- Must have an aversion to politics and BS. Should let his/her work speak for him/her.
- Must be comfortable with uncertainty. In almost all the cases, your job will be to figure it out.
- Must not be bounded to comfort zone. Often, you will need to challenge yourself to go above and beyond.