Since our founding, our mission at Good Smile has been to support creators and bring Japanese pop culture to the world whilst stimulating the figure industry as a whole. Presently, while continuing to plan exceptional figures and plastic models, we've also enhanced our manufacturing teams and factories and made many business partners within the animation industry.
Following the establishment of new locations in the USA and China, we're working to spread each area's pop culture throughout the world, Japan included. Good Smile strives to expand our figure, anime and game operations as well as our support services in order to bring the hard work of creators to as many people as possible for as long as possible.
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with a very small team on key project decisions from start to finish.
- Architect, design, build and document new features on various projects.
- Troubleshoot, support and collaborate on user-reported technical issues.
- Perform some light system administration tasks if needed and able to assist.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Comfortable building full-stack features from scratch.
- Passionate about programming and solving complex problems.
- Self-motivated with a high level of autonomy.
- Be able to quickly learn new skills and technologies.
- Strong experience with ecommerce platforms (Shopify, Magento, OpenCart, Saleor).
- Strong experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Strong experience integrating 3rd party APIs.
- Strong experience with AWS.
- While not required, experience with Odoo / OpenERP is a plus.
- While not required, being a fan of anime, manga, or video games is a plus.
Our Tech Stack
- AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, SES)
- OpenCart (PHP)
- Odoo / OpenERP (Python)
- Flexibility to work from wherever you will be most effective.
- Flexible work hours.
- Any equipment / software / tech that you need to do your job.
- Health and dental insurance.
- Employee discount on products.