GetMyBoat, the largest boat rental and charter marketplace, is changing the way the world goes boating. Remote work is baked into our DNA and has been a big part of our culture since we started back in 2013. Our talented team is globally distributed with concentrations in Europe/Africa and the Americas time zones. Together we solve interesting challenges, build, design, learn and iterate towards our mission to deliver the joy of on-the-water experiences to millions, making it easy and accessible to get more people out on the water!
What we offer
- Fully remote environment: Flexibility and trust that our team will do and deliver their best work
- Globally distributed team: International learnings and collaboration within an inclusive and diverse culture and time for focus work
- Transparency: Open communication is key to our culture. You can feel free to chat with anyone, are empowered to share ideas, ask questions and challenge the status quo in a way that moves the company and team forward
- High-quality product: No rushing to push out poorly developed or designed features
- Consumer-Facing Brand: Your work will be seen and used by millions of people in order to book their most memorable vacation experiences
- Well funded: Revenue generating, 10x revenue growth over the last 3 years, Recently raised Series B
We're looking for
A Senior UI designer with strong experience in the user interface on App (iOS and Android) and the Web. This includes the creation of a UI Design System that makes our product easy to interact with, visually appealing, and consistent as a brand. The work is the most publicly visible part of the product, and a core part of the experience.
Success in this role will be defined by driving company growth by devising novel solutions, improvements, service strategies, and communications that remove friction, improve usability, and position GetMyBoat as the most innovative brand in boating.
- Create a Design System for a complex product for both app and web.
- Lead the integration of the Design System into the product in a way that stands for long-term design and create UI design guidelines.
- Lead collaboration to design significant new features and product enhancements.
- UI expert advising and reviewing work from a team of designers and product managers to ensure consistency.
- Challenge the status quo with attention to detail on visual design and micro-interactions.
- Lead the design of UI elements that clearly communicate function.
- Working closely with brand designers to make sure product and brand are visually aligned (USP, attributes…)
- 5+ years of experience working in-house or agency as a UI Designer.
- Deep expertise in visual, design systems and a good eye for fantastic design.
- Proven experience with well-designed complex web and mobile applications across the entire product development cycle.
- Consideration for long-term sustainability in all design decisions, with a focus on engineering feasibility and business impact.
- Experienced in UI design, usability, software product development, and user research
- Work closely with developers with enough understanding of code and technology to be able to collaboratively solve problems, and provide thoughtful UX reviews of work in progress.
- Familiarity with Scrum, Kanban, Agile, Sketch, Adobe CS, Figma, Abstract, Zeplin, React, iOS, Android.
- An exceptional visual and design portfolio of successful UX projects showcasing knowledge of creating a design system for a complex product will be reviewed as part of the application process.
- Have a passion for building great software product experiences.
- Bonus points: Have one or two secret talents in your back pocket like; research methods, copywriting, illustration, graphic design, or animation.
What you can expect after you apply
Because we are a team that prioritizes moving words to action, we do our best to move as quickly as we can on our end and look to iterate on our hiring processes over time based on feedback and learning.
Our hiring stages may vary a little bit depending on the type of position, in general, you can expect the following:
- Confirmation when your application is submitted
- Email request for scheduling an introduction screening conversation
- Email request for scheduling an interview with the hiring manager
- Additional interview(s) and/or Technical, Portfolio or Case Study assignment or presentation
- References & Reverse Interview(s): This gives candidates the opportunity to speak to and ask questions of anyone on our team they have remaining questions for
- If at any point, you aren’t moved to the next stage, you will be notified
Who we are
Launched in San Francisco in 2013, GetMyBoat empowers owners of every type of watercraft, from kayaks and sailboats to powerboats and yachts, to post their watercraft for rent or charter. From California to Croatia, our users can search, find and book their dreamboat. With over 150,000 listings in 184 countries and 9,300 locations, there is an experience for new boaters and seasoned sailors alike. We were named in the Digital 100 top growing brands 2021
, and 2020 Apple App of the Day
We are a small, growing organization with a very high-impact team that is focused on building the best product, and loving what we do. Come join us on our mission to deliver the joy of on-the-water experiences, making it easy and accessible to get more people out on the water!