Hunter is a bootstrapped eleven-person company founded six years ago in France by Antoine and François. Our goal is to make it easier for businesses to connect with each other. We make it happen by continually crunching public data on the web and making it easy and practical to search.
We built Hunter to match our needs and aspirations (hopefully, you'll share them too!). This means we're bootstrapped and don't intend to raise any funds. And because we're building a real long-term business, we've made sure to be profitable from the start. We have the liberty to exclusively focus on providing the most value possible to our users.
Maintaining a small group is essential to us as it creates tighter bonds, increases productivity, and eases communication. We're currently a team of 11 and love it this way. We're in ten different countries (🇫🇷,🇩🇪,🇪🇸,🇵🇹,🇨🇭,🇬🇧,🇺🇦,🇹🇭,🇨🇦,🇸🇬) meaning working remotely is in our DNA.
You'll be joining our five-person product team, with a focus on the backend Go application that gathers, processes, and distributes sales data to our Ruby on Rails application.
As part of a small group within a young company, you'll work on various projects over time, but you can expect that:
- You'll work on one large Go codebase that handles the crawling, parsing, and analysis of hundreds of millions of pages per month.
- The systems you code will process large amounts of data, and you'll need to find solutions they do not become bottlenecks.
- You'll get a high level of autonomy in your work and help shape future development efforts.
- You'll work with the product team on continuing to integrate NLP into our product.
- You'll gather feedback from our Support team to find issues in our current system and improve it.
- You have multiple years of experience working on backend systems.
- You know and enjoy working with Go.
- You enjoy working with challenging systems where typical MVC designs aren't sufficient.
- You know how to interact with SQL databases (in our case, Postgresql) to maximize throughput.
- Ideally, you have some DevOps knowledge to allow you to grasp the implications of deploying the code you'll design. We host most of our services on GCP.
Working at Hunter
If you're looking to work in a remote-first small business, with your work helping hundreds of thousands of professionals, and with a good work-life balance, then you should be a great fit!
Working async is in our DNA, but we also schedule company retreats in Europe twice a year. During these one-week events, the team gets to know each other and prepares the projects for the following months.
Being part of Hunter, you'll also get:
- A competitive salary with no negotiation
- Five weeks of paid vacation per year
- Fully-paid setup to get started (including a Macbook Pro, standing desk, and an ergonomic chair)
- $5,000 vacation bonus per year for a far-away trip
- An awesome team 🤗
If you're curious to learn more about the hiring process, we wrote a blog post about it
. And if you have some questions for us, you'll find our contact information on our About