Are you a sales professional with solid experience in managing a sales pipeline as well as managing and developing a sales team? Do you have an analytical and entrepreneurial mindset and want to be the key player in influencing how Wolt grows its restaurant portfolio in Germany? If so, then please read on!
Germany has the 2nd largest food delivery market in Europe. We see an opportunity to build a winning business in the market by offering a world-class customer experience with short delivery time, fast & local customer service and reliability. We have an appetite to expand to multiple cities in a matter of months.
We started from Berlin in Aug 2020. We have the local founding team in place and we’ve started expansion to the next cities. However, we’re only getting started. In just a few months, we are looking to hire hundreds of couriers and tens of other roles in our teams in different cities. We will continue to partner with hundreds of restaurants to feed our hungry customers.
For Wolt, everything starts with restaurants. If there are no restaurants, there are no customers and if there are no customers, there are no couriers. Thus, restaurant operations are a crucial part of Wolt’s success in every city and country. Our restaurant operations are split into three sections; acquisition, onboarding and support. As the Regional Sales Lead, your role is to manage our restaurant acquisition and a team of Restaurant Partnership Managers.
As the Regional Sales Lead you’ll be managing a team of Restaurant Partnership Managers (SDRs), as well as going into the field and setting examples for your team to follow. Your job will be to improve Wolt’s restaurant portfolio by adding the right new venues to the platform and using data to determine the focus areas. You will use your extensive sales experience to provide tools, sparring and coaching to build on your team’s competencies and manage their performance. You will also form a strong communications loop with the Restaurant Onboarding & Support Team Lead, whose team is onboarding the partners your team acquires.
What you’ll be doing
Our humble expectations
- Developing and executing a plan for the sales team to target gaps and opportunities within their market. This includes identifying restaurants that are a great fit for Wolt, as well as mapping out potential new areas for expansion
- Contacting and building relationships with potential key restaurant partners, and systematically managing the market’s sales pipeline
- Conducting negotiations regarding key partner terms, and understanding potential venue performance to set profitable business terms
- Making sound business decisions by supporting intuition with data
- Building and leading the Restaurant Team in the North region of Germany, setting team’s KPIs, managing sales performance and providing performance feedback
- Creating a positive work environment that enables the team to develop
- Leading by example in terms of demonstrating Wolt values and behaviors
- You have demonstrable experience of being successful within a sales position
- You have extensive people management or coaching experience, ideally within field sales
- You have the ability to make sound business decisions while basing decisions on data
- You are a natural ‘hunter’ with excellent communication and networking skills
- You are a real foodie with good knowledge of the local restaurant scene
- You have a self-starter mindset and willingness to contribute to hands-on activities in a flat organization
- You possess experience from within the hospitality industry - especially restaurants - is a plus
- You are fluent in German and English
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Sarah Gilming, Regional Talent Acquisition Partner: [email protected]
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.