At TutorMe, we're here to level the academic playing field by empowering students to get the on-demand support they need to achieve their academic goals. Our mission is to make learning fun, engaging, and equitable for all students. We believe in providing learners with the right teachers, tools, and motivation so they can thrive no matter their circumstances.
As the market leader in online tutoring, we have created a cutting-edge online education platform where over 15,000 expert tutors in 300+ subjects can share their knowledge with students of all ages, backgrounds, and learning styles. Since 2013, TutorMe has been a trusted resource for K-12 school districts, higher education institutions, employers, and nonprofits, supporting over 1.5 million students (and counting!) by providing on-demand 24/7 help with subjects ranging from Algebra to Aerospace Engineering. Join us in the online learning revolution and be a part of a team that's increasing education equity for all students!
We're looking for our first Director of Sales to manage a rapidly growing team of Account Executives to sell our TutorMe solutions to K-12, higher education, library, and corporate institutions. Reporting to our VP of Sales, you'll be instrumental in setting strategy, coaching reps, and co-selling deals as TutorMe continues to deliver its best-in-class online tutoring solution to students across North America!
As a member of a small but aggressive team, the Director of Sales will need to demonstrate advanced sales acumen, conduct market research, and act as a brand evangelist representing TutorMe in trade shows, conferences, and on professional networking platforms. We will measure your success through your team's pipeline growth and bookings.
What you'll be doing
- Develop, manage, and mentor a team of star Account Executives to drive rapid new business sales growth
- Build and drive sales strategy for TutorMe in conjunction with the overall Go-To-Market plan, including understanding the competitive landscape, presence, and strength within the market
- Design, implement and iterate on various sales strategies
- Collaborate with other departments on leadership projects and work closely with the SDR and Customer Success teams to optimize the customer journey and shorten the sales cycle
- Deliver accurate forecasts based on pipeline and rep activity
- Achieve all sales goals on a quarterly and annual basis
- Provide support and guidance to AEs at all points of the sales cycles
- Close key accounts and join reps during meetings and demos to drive bookings
- Ensure activity is appropriately logged and tracked in Salesforce
- Develop innovative proposals and deliver strategic sales presentations
- Deliver on-the-ground feedback to the product team to influence the product roadmap
- Work with the VP of Sales and other stakeholders to plan our conference calendar and attend key sales events
- Travel to strategic sales meetings as needed
- Engage and build relationships with education administrators and industry executives
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of B2B sales experience
- 4+ years of sales management experience with proven success in recruiting, coaching, and managing an exceptional sales team
- 2+ years of SaaS sales management experience
- Extensive track record of new business sales success
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills within the EdTech industry
- Proven track record of owning accurate CRM reports, including current and future quarterly forecasts and opportunity inspection
- Commitment to the mission and vision of TutorMe
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong familiarity with Salesforce
- Passion for education technologies and an exceptional user experience
- Resilience, perseverance, and an ability to overcome objections
- Approach all deals with a customer-first, problem-solving mentality
- Excited to improve student and employee access to academic support
- Desire to work with a diverse, highly collaborative, and competitive team
- Ability to adapt and work effectively within a rapidly changing and growing environment
- Bonus: former educator (e.g. school teacher or principal)
- Competitive base salary, excellent commission structure, & 401(k) matching
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick PTO
- Top-notch health, dental, and vision insurance
- Access to an annual wellness credit and on-demand mental health support
- 120 hours of free online tutoring per year for you and your family (10 hours per month)
- 100% remote work environment; we will provide you with all the tools you need to be successful
- Mobile phone stipend and work from home allowance
- Opportunity to be a key player at a high growth start-up that's helping students nationwide get the academic support they need
- We love to learn! All TutorMe team members have access to numerous professional and personal development opportunities
If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but you're up for the challenge—we encourage you to apply!
We recognize that diversity drives innovation, so we proudly cultivate a diverse, inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join our team of passionate professionals.
This position will be externally titled "Director of Student Success"
*Colorado residents are excluded from this opportunity.