Location: Remote (UK / Spain / Europe)
Who are we?
Hey there! We’re YouCanBook.me
: a self-funded, fully remote company with over 25 team members across the world. We are dedicated to taking the hassle out of booking meetings. Through our online scheduling software, we handle over 1.7 million bookings for our 22,000 customers
every month. We’re also pretty proud to be ranked by G2 in the Top 100 software companies of 2021
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a few Software Engineers to join our agile team of developers who keep us running and growing. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will work on all our front-end applications. We are in a process of detecting common patterns that can be extracted and reused across the applications, and we need your help to implement them and plan how they might fit in future applications that you will be building.
Skills/experience that will come in handy:
- React.js with the functional and class component approach
- Familiarity with different state management solutions: Redux, MobX, Apollo…
- Consuming and designing APIs
- Unit testing with testing-library and jest
- Having a good eye for styling details, and being able to show it through CSS
- Good communication skills, and being comfortable working as part of a remote team
What you will do in a typical day:
- Work on assigned code implementation tasks
- Contribute to problem-solving
- Aid in the daily monitoring and maintenance of our applications and communication with the APIs
- Continuously investigate and research for new solutions and add additional functionality to the current code base, designed to be scalable and robust
- Generate a clean, maintainable, and testable code
- Communicate with members of other departments to provide solutions to their needs
- Sip your coffee while discussing recipes on Slack with your teammates (our chat is called youcancookme and it’s delicious)
This is a fully remote position. Most of us are located in the UK, Spain, and other European countries. The best fit for our team would be if you live in a time zone no more than 3 hours +/- GMT.
Now enough of the nitty-gritty, let’s get to the fun part. What can we offer you?
- In a shocking twist of events, the first thing we offer is...money! We aim to be fully transparent so all salaries are public inside the company. You will get a salary based on your experience/location according to the following brackets:
- Mid-Level Front End Developer 45,000 - 60,000 EUR
- Senior Frontend Developer 60,000 - 80,000 EUR
- We’ll also pay for your stuff. Your equipment and tools (of your choice), including wifi, office or co-working space are all covered
- Lots of time to rest. Everyone gets 25 days of paid vacation and all local public holidays. Work-life balance is protected
- Fully-funded leave policies for parents
- Participation in profit share after 1.5 years
- We offer private health / dental insurance or contributions in most countries where we have employees (although some local exceptions apply)
- International travel/company retreats. We may be fully remote, but we love to meet up in person
- A fantastic group of people we feel lucky to work with (we may be biased on this one)
- A unique work culture with cool initiatives such as quiet weeks (psst...if you don’t know what those are, click here)
Some additional info:
If you choose to apply (we hope you will), make sure to check your spam folder for any emails from bamboohr.com or hireflix.com. We use those to communicate recruitment updates.