Are you an experienced Software Engineer who's eager to develop creative solutions to meet real-world customer demands for a software company? Yes? Read on!
A rapidly growing global Technology firm is seeking a software engineer who can contribute to the firm and avail significant opportunities for career advancement!
Location: 100% Remote in the US.
Wellspring is the global leader in tech scouting and innovation management software, serving leading companies. We work with clients to accelerate the pace of innovation at premier research universities, R&D groups at Fortune 500 companies, and leading medical institutions. Wellspring also operates Flintbox®, the largest online marketplace for inventions emerging from research labs around the world.
About the Role:
As a Software Engineer at Wellspring, you will collaborate closely with business development, product development, and client services teams to develop creative solutions to real-world customer demands.
- Work with business teams to analyze plans and problems, discover requirements, and develop solutions
- Design and build libraries, plugins, tools, scripts, and tests using efficient, extensible, maintainable, sustainable engineering practices
- Study, reimagine, revise, and refactor our continually evolving codebase, framework, and architecture
- Integrate closely with QA and Ops teams to deliver high quality software and systems in our progressive development environment, including participation in agile planning, code review, automated testing, and continuous integration
- Web programming experience in a dynamic scripting language like PHP, Ruby, or Python
- Experience working in LAMP stack systems and proficiency with Linux command line operations
- Experience working with relational databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Proven ability to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Exceptional ability to analyze and solve, predict and prevent problems
Nice to have:
- Deep understanding of object-oriented and relational database design
- Strong interest in DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or information systems